London - We are with you!

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Bill Glasheen

London - We are with you!

Post by Bill Glasheen »

There's no excuse for intentionally killing innocent people to make a point. None! End of story.

It was gratifying today seeing the leaders of the G8 putting differences behind them, and literally standing behind Tony Blair for the cameras after the despicable subway and bus bombings.

"It's particularly barbaric that this has happened
on a day when people are meeting to try to help
the problems of poverty in Africa."

My thoughts and prayers are with all who have suffered because of this nonsense.

Life must and will go on. Beyond tending to those in need, that's the most important response.

- Bill
IJ

Post by IJ »

50 years from now these will look like the violent death throes of an outdated, harmful, unenlightened stone age philosophy. They can make a new millenium more difficult but will only strengthen opponents this way and surely will never win.
--Ian
Rick Wilson

Post by Rick Wilson »

Well said, Bill.
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

It does make no sense and acheive nothing .

This has upset me , I`m really pissed about the state of the world .

Hits home even more when it`s familair places , think of friends , wonder who`s ok ....

Realising youll never know if some aquaintances were killed or worse , in a living hell .

I`m sure the statistics will show how safe all the transport is , and that it`s still safer to ride the tubes than do pretty much anything else ....

But how do we stop these madmen , It`s not a logical war where fighting

I can see the answers theyll come up with ... a bigger loss of personal freedom I expect , tougher security .... more powers to the folks who do the work ... nothing positive to me .

We could Nuke the Middle east to Glass and I suspect those left would still bomb .

How do we educate the fanatical and ignorant .

I hope Nations get behind the US right or wrong , and make Iraq into an example of change . A carrot rather than a stick .....

I hope the G8 makes some positive changes and starts addressing poverty more directly .

weve got to do something , this is possibly going to become the norm otherwise .

Hell they wont even let me carry a gun ...... :(

Only one solution...

Post by Guest »

Get out of the oil business. It's time to move to Hydrogen. Once the money stops flowing over there, they'll kill each other over stuff like wether Muhummad became a prophet at 40 or was he born a prophet.. you know, important stuff like that.
Akil Todd Harvey

Prayers for those who suffered

Post by Akil Todd Harvey »

I have been unable to relax or do much of anything since I heard of this tradegy........It's terrible and it requires a response.....But what kind?

Let us pray for those who have lost their lives and for those who have lost loved ones, for those who have been hurt/injured and for those who have been traumatized........
There's no excuse for intentionally killing innocent people to make a point. None! End of story.
How true.......
We could Nuke the Middle east to Glass and I suspect those left would still bomb .

How do we educate the fanatical and ignorant .
I think this goes too far. (I understand your statement was probably posted in a state of emotional outburst), but it sounds a little too much like them (those who did this despicable act) for me to support the sentiment behind it.

Like Bill said,
Seek knowledge from cradle to grave
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Perhaps you misunderstand, Akil.

True, the gentleman jumped to the gun. We don't know for sure - yet - exactly who performed these acts, and what their motives were. This happened in Oklahoma City, where reporters were quick to speculate that Islamic extremists were the cause.

That being said... The point is well made. The point being made - which perhaps you didn't appreciate - was that the most extreme military actions still will not eliminate all of this. Ultimately we must win the minds and hearts of people by protecting and sharing the values and the freedoms we enjoy.

Ignorance is the petri dish for hate. We cannot end the hate that fuels terrorism without addressing the information and philosophical shortcomings. And we cannot expect the disenfranchised to feel empowered and to self-govern without giving them the broad, open education they need to be so.

- Bill

Post by Guest »

Bill Glasheen wrote:Perhaps you misunderstand, Akil.
happened in Oklahoma City, where reporters were quick to speculate that Islamic extremists were the cause.

- Bill

As it turns out they very well might have been
Rick Wilson

Post by Rick Wilson »

I feel that only the Islamic community will stop the Islamic terrorists.

In a documentary on 911 an Islamic school from which the falling of the towers was watched had the teachers and students interviewed.

They were all in shock and deeply saddened by the tragedy.

However, when the students were asked about suicide bombers (in general) they viewed them as heroes.

The teachers were totally thrown and dismayed by such thoughts.

I think that in some of the conflicts while the majority of the Islamic community detests terrorism there may be an underlying understanding of the middle east conflict that generate some level of sympathy.

These are terrorists that will only be found when family and friends decide enough is enough and step up to stop them.

We cannot stop them from the outside.

Funding has to stop. Governments and individuals have to stop funding the terrorists.

Governments and individuals have to root them out and stop them.

Governments and individuals have to decide this is not what they want connected to a beautiful faith and they must decide not to feel any sympathy for these aberrant few.

I believe that only when the Islamic world decides to step up will these evil horrid people who are bastardizing a wonderful religion be stopped.

I hope it happens before the rest of the world says enough and over reacts.

Post by Guest »

Starve them into compliance! No more oil bussiness = massive lentil and camel consumption. When that is all gone, they'll stoop to eating carob pods then when thats all gone, they'll eat each other. Eventually, the desert will swallow them all up and we'll be rid of them once and for all.
benzocaine

Bio Deisel

Post by benzocaine »

Biodeisel.

It wil provide jobs for farmers here in USA.. even Canada and other country's farmers could benefit.

Deisel motors last about 3 times as long as gas and size for size are about 3-4 x efficient than petro motors, and burn cleaner.

A manditory phase in time where we converted to all biodeisel and hybrids could hopefull give the Arab world something big to choke on. But sadly China would probably just take up our slack and use petroleum to fuel their ever expanding economy :roll: :(

I made a comment once before anout turning the MId east into a sheet of glass.. but that's unrealistic at best plus it's not what I'd truly want. Us pushing a button or two would be just as evil and cowardly as ordering or blackmailing an impressionable young man into a sucicide bombing, as Al Queida has been known to do. Besides, Alqueda has "cells" (I prefer to refer to them as nests) throughout the world, not just the mId east.

:(

Anyone else have a seething rage in their heart??

These Idiots are really asking for it aren't they??
MikeK

Post by MikeK »

My prayers and condolences to the victims of these scumbags,
and good hunting to the British special forces.

I'm glad these weren't suicide bombers as now MI-5 can find these scum and interogate them in the most vigorous manner. http://www.mi5.gov.uk/

France must be pissing it's shoes.
I was dreaming of the past...
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

I'm sure you've all seen Jurassic Park. The book is quite a bit better - as is usually the case.

In the book, the fellow who is a chaologist (Jeff Goldblum in the movie) talks about the problems of money and power coming too easily. He points out how martial artists generally are more peaceful than the average bloke because they have to work so hard for the abilities they get - if ever they get there.

To some extent, the same can be said for countries whose main product is the oil underneath their houses. This isn't about sweat equity; it's about tapping into a resource that they did little to produce and process. The power that comes from it then corrupts more than power that might come from a country with a greater work ethic. And then of course there are all the outside interests...

My thinking is the sooner we pump the Middle East dry, the better. And that would be better for the both. Let the industrialized countries develop alternative energies, but keep them in the back pocket for when we need it.

Bide your time for a few generations. When the oil wells run dry, those who live around them will figure something out. And they certainly won't have all this spare cash around to fund mischief.

- Bill
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

But if you want to do something patriotic...

Welcome to Willie Nelson's Biodiesel

Betcha Willie might even have a few other "patriotic" crops to share... 8)

- Bill
MikeK

Post by MikeK »

That's a great long term goal but for now capturing, squeezing intel out of them, along with hunting and killing them where they squat is best.
It will be interesting to see if the IRA had any role in this, indirect or otherwise.
I was dreaming of the past...

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”