Man VS food!

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

gmattson
Site Admin

Man VS food!

Post by gmattson »

There was nothing on TV last night and while channel surfing came across this program where a man was touring the USA visiting restaurants that offer a prize (free meal +Tshirt +sometimes cash) to customers who can finish eating one of their "special" meals!

In this era of super fat and unhealthy people who probably get a feeling of viewing themselves in a mirror while watching this guy "pig-out" on a 9 pound meal, does any of our readers believe this type of TV is in a parallel universe to cigarette advertising?

Supposedly, smokers would feel the desire to grab a cigarette when a commercial was viewed; which resulted in having cancer-stick commercials being banned and supposedly watching food ads has the same effect; a desire to eat when watching a food ad.

This program consisted of a person eating enormous amounts of food while an audience cheered him on to beat the clock. . . which he almost always did!

Sue and I couldn't take any more than fifteen minutes watching someone make a fool of himself, but I imagine he had a large audience of "large" regular viewers1
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
CANDANeh

BELCH!!!

Post by CANDANeh »

Excuse me...just finished training for the next event :wink:

IF aliens have been receiving our broadcast since we invented the ability to transmit radio waves, they are likely noting that we are now in the phase of reverse evolution :lol: A journey of a million light years will likely end in meeting an earthling walking on all fours carrying a smartphone.
Léo

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”