108 school judo class deaths but no charges, only silence

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Victor Smith

108 school judo class deaths but no charges, only silence

Post by Victor Smith »

Wow this is shocking - 108 school judo class deaths but no charges, only silence

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/ ... 826f1.html

Apparently it isn't only Japanese University karate that has some real problems.
Victor Smith
bushi no te isshinryu
Jason Rees
Site Admin

Post by Jason Rees »

Apparently it isn't only Japanese University karate that has some real problems.
What problem is the Japanese University karate having?
Life begins & ends cold, naked & covered in crap.
Victor Smith

Post by Victor Smith »

In the history of the Japanese University Karate Clubs they have had more than one instance of students being severely beaten unto death too.

I recall some of the stories, someone decided they had enough and wanted to stop training. When asking to do so their action offended the club seniors who invited them to one last training session... rest of story.

It's been a while but every few years another of those stories crops up too back when the magazines ruled. I always assumed they were true but trying to research in on the net I'm not drawing anything.

Perhaps they didn't occur. Perhaps the net has been wiped with links to those stories (something else possible). such as when black belt had a cover picture of a spike thrown into a students neck because the korean master missed. Try and find that today?

If my memories are incorrect I apologize.
Victor Smith
bushi no te isshinryu
Panther

Post by Panther »

Wow... memories!

I think I remember that BB cover. But IIRC there was a lot of people upset that the Korean arts (TKD) were being unfairly targeted while the "Japanese" arts were being given a pass. Given the racial tensions between the two for so long, it doesn't surprise me.

I vaguely remember some claim of "doctored picture", but that might have been around something else... that was a REALLY long time ago...

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”