"Ancient Health Wisdom for Modern Times"

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

gmattson
Site Admin

"Ancient Health Wisdom for Modern Times"

Post by gmattson »

. . . creating balance in your life through the use of food, herbs and the art of oriental medicine

Is the newest and latest attempt on my part to look at what is called "alternative" medicine. Not sure exactly what this term means or implied, but as an average consumer, paying exorbitant amounts of money for health insurance, I wanted to create a forum where we might look at ways to test some of those "alternative" to conventional health care. Obviously, I'm not suggesting we use really difficult examples, such as Cancer or other life threatening diseases, but non-life threatening situations where "ancient health wisdom" can be safely tested.

Most of you know I suffer from dupuytren's contracture disease. It is a common among Europeans and it is hereditary. It causes one or more fingers to lock in a bent position. (I can close my fingers around a golf club though):)

There is no known cure and I and my health insurance has paid many thousands of dollars in a failed operation and minor procedures that temporarily lengthen finger extension. Usually I have to have this procedure repeated every couple years. I have a treatment scheduled in November.

Dr saterraji (who you have met on another thread) has volunteered to moderate the forum and to discuss the treatment he wants to give me consisting of homeopathic medicine, herbs and food extracts. A three month treatment will cost $600!

So, as a poor karate teacher who is spending all his disposable income on health insurance, I have the option of continuing to go to a MD for a treatment that doesn't really work for about $5000 a shot (paid for by my insurance) or. . . take $600 out of my pocket for a treatment that is unapproved!

Wouldn't it be nice to find a way for a drug company to sponsor this test. . . in order to confirm that "alternative" medicine doesn't work!

Does that sound so unreasonable???

Well, maybe we can find another way to pay for this experimentt and have Dr. Bill and Dr. Ian supervise the test.

(Now Bill might object. . . Because of the "placebo" effect, I might get cured, but not because of the alternative treatment. . . But I will still be cured and very thankful and. . . I might be once again able to break boards with my fingers! ) :)

I'm willing to be the subject of this experiment and since the AMA approced doctors and drug companies agree that dupuytren's contracture cannot be cured, I won't be disappointed if it doesn't work.

And I bet there will be a few more people who would welcome the opportunity to be part of some good old fashioned testing. . . especially those who may not have health insurance. . .

I hope you guys and gals will help by contributing to the forum and to you MDs who are making the big bucks. . . maybe a few dollar contribution to the GEM finger testing experiment! :)

Click Here to visit this new forum:
http://forums.uechi-ryu.com/viewtopic.php?t=21203
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
gmattson
Site Admin

Please note. . .

Post by gmattson »

I've moved some oldies from the "Healing Art" forum to Saterraji's forum to help "kickstart" some discussion. I even posted a topic on a possible test study on a condition I suffer with my hands.

saterraji's forum will focus on what many view as "alternative" medicine. I hope that Bill, Ian and others in the medical field will drop by and join the discussion.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”