Ultimate Gun Defense

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

What that Uechi 'black belt' did was the vilest of the vile…obviously an unbalanced personality as we came to find out and thanks to the investigative prowess of Bill.

But then there was an even more 'deadly threat family situation' affecting another well known and skilled poster we had on our forums. Something indeed nefarious which attempted to attack me on the fringes and required me to 'handle' _

"Emotional intelligence" may provide a decent answer to some of the problems we experience with some posters obsessed to academically win incendiary arguments with academic 'debating skills, thinking or deluding themselves to think their past academic life is what will rule the world in all life's 'exams' which never stop.

In the chapter "When smart is Dumb" Goleman writes
how can someone of obvious intelligence do something so downright dumb?

The answer: Academic intelligence has little to do with emotional life….people with high IQs can be stunningly poor pilots of their private lives.
And
The vast majority of one's ultimate niche in society is determined by non IQ factors ranging from social class to luck. At best IQ contributes about 20% to the factors that determine life success.

No one can yet say exactly how much of the variability, from person to person in life's course it accounts for. But what data exists suggests that it can be as powerful and at times more powerful than IQ.

When 95 Harvard students from the classes of the 1940s_ a time when people with a wider spread of IQ were at Ivy League schools than is presently the case_ were followed into middle age_ the men with the highest test scores in college were not particularly successful compared to their lower scoring peers in terms of salary, productivity, or status in their field.

Nor did they have the greatest life satisfaction, not the most happiness with friendship, family, and romantic relationships.
Something to think about very seriously for some people who don't have a clue.
Van
Valkenar

Post by Valkenar »

If you guys really want to have a discussion about how I'm emotionally retarded, maybe start a new thread and I'll respond to your points there? Otherwise, let's leave this one for Bert and the original subject, if that's possible.
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Like Bill said...know when to shut up and move on. :wink:
Van

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”