Getting the mochi in your Uechi

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Bill Glasheen

Re: Getting the mochi in your Uechi

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Well, Panther... As you can tell from some of my posts, I'm old enough to know better and young enough not to choose it. :mrgreen:

I remember that video, Stevie. Glad to put a name to the white guy getting the cr@p beat out of him. :lol: And glad to hear you survived!

Both Dave Finkelstein and Marty Dow had good things to say about Kiyohide san and his father (Shinjo Seiyu). I trained with both Dave and Marty through the years, and even had the privilege of a class with Kiyohide in northern Virginia (a UVa road trip to Marty's dojo)* and a few with Narahiro at Endicotte college (one of George's Summerfest camps). They're both "authentic" martial artists in every sense of the word.

Thanks for reminding me about the inner tube piece. I like it!

- Bill

* If you look in Alan Dollar's book, you'll see a picture of Marty Dow and his "students" with Kiyohide san. Technically no. Half the people in that picture plus yours truly were visiting Marty from UVa. But... at least I got my picture in Alan's famous book! :lol:
Stevie B

Re: Getting the mochi in your Uechi

Post by Stevie B »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I know who Marty is... He was there with Peter Kellogg and John Ray back in the day under Seiyu Sensei... I think Alan may have been there at the time too... Pity they had to tear the old place down.. A lot of great memories were there for a lot of us..But Kiyohide Sensei has a nice new place in Yomitan now so all is good..

SILENCE!!! I Kill You!!!!

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”