Steve Lavalee????

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Raffi Derderian

Steve Lavalee????

Post by Raffi Derderian »

Hi,
I heard a rumor that Steve Lavalee is dead???? Hung himself??????
There are some other things that have been circulating about it that I just won't repeat.
Anyone else hearing this???
Raf
Bill Glasheen

Re: Steve Lavalee????

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Legendary Syracuse area Karate and Mixed Martial Arts instruction Steve Lavallee was found dead at his home in Florida this morning, an apparent victim of a suicide. Onondaga County Sheriff Kevin Walsh confirms his department was notified of Lavallee's death by the Fort Lauderdale police. The two departments had worked together on an investigation into Lavallee a few months ago. The sheriff would not say what the investigation concerned.
- Karate and Mixed Martial Arts instructor Steve Lavallee found dead
Raffi Derderian

Post by Raffi Derderian »

Yeah, it is all over FB on some of the school owner groups I belong to.
Lots of rumors. Whatever. We'll see what comes out of it. Hope none of it is true.
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Today Kyoshi LaVallee passed away.

Respectfully,

The South Florida USA Black Belt Champions Staff

- In Memory of Steve Lavallee
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Fort Lauderdale, Fla. -- Steve LaVallee, 55, a master karate instructor who founded martial arts schools across Onondaga County, committed suicide today in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., where he resided, authorities said.

LaVallee, the founder and chief master instructor at LaVallee’s USA Black Belt Champions, lived in Liverpool before moving to Florida where his school had its headquarters, according to public records.

He was being investigated by Fort Lauderdale police on abuse charges, according to Onondaga County Sheriff Kevin Walsh. The Florida police department contacted Onondaga County sheriff’s deputies a few months ago as part of the investigation, but Walsh said there was nothing here that could be prosecuted.
- syracuse.com
mikemurphy

Post by mikemurphy »

Wow, that's is incredible. Steve allowed me to train with him while he had a school here in Massachusetts for a while back in the late 80s. He was a great practitioner of Sensei Frank Gorman. I lost contact with him when he went to Florida, but he will be missed.

thanks,

mike

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”