US Olympic Judo Athlete disqualified for...

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

gmattson
Site Admin

Re: US Olympic Judo Athlete disqualified for...

Post by gmattson »

I just tried to post the original article that Bill had a problem with. It would not post!!!

Might be something in the offending post that is causing the problem. I sent the post to Ted.

george
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
Bill Glasheen

Re: US Olympic Judo Athlete disqualified for...

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Still problematic. There's no rhyme or reason to it. It isn't length per se. Something about content makes it necessary to break posts up into varying packets to make them take. Some only as long as a single word or it blows up. Weird!

At least the problem can be reproduced. It reminds me of chasing down gremlins in my older model vehicle. Half the effort is making the mechanic believe there's a problem. One simple solution later (a loose hose clamp, a bad water pump) and voila! The loose hose clamp on my power steering system took half a year and 3 power steering system flushes before an old-school mechanic found the problem. He was embarrassed (for his fellow mechanics)... but I was happy.

Karate is a lot like that. You watch a person's Sanseiryu, and the best advice you give them is fixing a stupid-simple, white belt error. I always critique my students in front of the entire class so beginners can see the importance of their fundamentals.

But I digress... 8)

- Bill

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”