The importance of secrecy and intelligence in warfare

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Bill Glasheen

The importance of secrecy and intelligence in warfare

Post by Bill Glasheen »

A life-long friend (now pediatric surgeon) whose son is in the Naval Academy sent this to me within an e-mail. I found it interesting and worth sharing.

Yes, my friend's political views are predictable. They've evolved a long way from his "Woodstock Days."

- Bill

Intelligence and Special Operations forces are furious and frustrated at how President Obama and those in positions of authority have exploited their service for political advantage. Countless leaks, interviews and decisions by the Obama Administration and other government officials have undermined the success of our Intelligence and Special Operations forces and put future missions and personnel at risk.

The unwarranted and dangerous public disclosure of Special Forces Operations is so serious -- that for the first time ever -- former operators have agreed to risk their reputations and go 'on the record' in a special documentary titled "Dishonorable Disclosures." Its goal is to educate America about serious breaches of security and prevent them from ever happening again.

Use of military ranks, titles & photographs in uniform does not imply endorsement of the Dept of the Army or the Department of Defense. All individuals are no longer in active service with any federal agency or military service.

Dishonorable Disclosures
Jason24

Re: The importance of secrecy and intelligence in warfare

Post by Jason24 »

Hi, I am new to this forum, but I am a practioner of Uechi-Ryu. I currently hold a Shodan and train under Ihor Ryumaruk in Amsterdam, NY. I would like to make a comment on the importance of secracy and intellience in warfare.

I am currently deployed in Afghanistan and will be returning home soon. I am with an Infantry battalion who has had a long road here, but have done some amazing things. Secrecy and Intelligence is of upmost importance in today's warfare. It is vital for the protection of our troops and to our home country. If the troops are at risk, then the country is at risk. We are constantly reminded here about what information we put out to our families and friends for fear of what they could leak. Facebook and social medias can be detrimental to and compromise our mission here or wherever we may be stationed.

Just my thoughts...

Jason
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

Welcome to the Forums Jason and thanks for your services on behalf of our country.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
Jason Rees
Site Admin

Post by Jason Rees »

Jason, welcome, and I hope to hear when you make it home.
Life begins & ends cold, naked & covered in crap.
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Jason Rees wrote:Jason, welcome, and I hope to hear when you make it home.
Indeed! Thanks for your service, and come home when you can.

I really appreciate your post. I know you have to walk a delicate line doing so. You succeeded with flying colors.

- Bill

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”