Shannon Lee Interview (Bruce Lee's daughter)

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

gmattson
Site Admin

Shannon Lee Interview (Bruce Lee's daughter)

Post by gmattson »

I heard this radio program on “The Story”, an evening program on National Public Radio. It is an interview with Shannon Lee, the daughter of Bruce Lee. George, I know you had a professional relationship with Mr. Lee and I thought that you might enjoy listening to “her story”.
Shannon Lee has learned much of what she knows about her father from his movies and his martial arts trainer. She's had to; she was a young girl when he died and she had to make sense of his image and legacy on her own. Shannon Lee is now working on opening a museum dedicated to Bruce Lee, through a foundation in his name, and the idea of taking action in life.
Shannon Lee and the Lessons of Her Father
http://thestory.org/archive/The_Story_092612.mp3/view

Regards,
Thomas J. Radke
Bill Glasheen

Re: Shannon Lee Interview (Bruce Lee's daughter)

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Thanks for posting the audio, George.

There isn't a lot new here for folks who grew up with Bruce Lee movies and have spent time working with JKD practitioners. As you all know, our own Raffi Derderian (accomplished Uechika) is certified also to teach JKD, kali, and escrima. It all fits together pretty nicely as a Fuzhou-Phillipine-US mix.

The only thing new is listening to his daughter. She told me nothing I didn't already know. But I wish I knew her. She has to be a remarkable human being.

Bill

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”