Tsutomu Nakahodo

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Glenn

Tsutomu Nakahodo

Post by Glenn »

In case anyone is interested, the current issue of Classical Fighting Arts (Vol. 2, # 23, Issue 46) includes an interview with Tsutomu Nakahodo, who trained under Seiko Toyama, Seiyu Shinjo, and Kanei Uechi. He talks about his training and the current state of karate, and it includes some historic photos.
Glenn
Bill Glasheen

Re: Tsutomu Nakahodo

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Glenn wrote: In case anyone is interested, the current issue of Classical Fighting Arts (Vol. 2, # 23, Issue 46) includes an interview with Tsutomu Nakahodo, who trained under Seiko Toyama, Seiyu Shinjo, and Kanei Uechi. He talks about his training and the current state of karate, and it includes some historic photos.
I first met Nakahodo Sensei circa the summer of 1983, where I spent a week with him on Thompson Island. I came back from that camp and tried to explain the experience to an extremely intelligent girlfriend of mine, who was about to go off to Yale Medical School. She had majored in biology (won The Miller Award for top student) and minored in studio art (quite the artist herself). I knew there had to be something I could say to her and her parents which could capture what I saw.

And then it came to me. "I just met Marcel Marceau in a gi."

Marcel Marceau - The Tango Dancer

Marcel Marceau - The Maskmaker

- Bill

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”