Once again, when two idiots meet, tragedy shows up also.

Martial arts related discussion for current events
MikeK

Once again, when two idiots meet, tragedy shows up also.

Post by MikeK »

Idiot #1 (aka the victim), Idiot #2 (aka the retired cop).
When someone in the movie theater says "stop texting", stop texting or go to the lobby and do it. Do not respond by escalating the situation by arguing with the other guy and throwing something in his face. It's a sure fire way to have something bad happen.

If you are carrying and you get into a stupid argument about texting, and if the situation isn't life threatening to anyone, de-escalate, leave, or live with it, having your previews ruined is not worth someone's life.

http://nypost.com/2014/01/14/shooting-v ... s-daycare/

Just getting tired of how stupid people are getting. A few manners would go a long way to keeping people from getting killed.
I was dreaming of the past...
fivedragons

Re: Once again, when two idiots meet, tragedy shows up also.

Post by fivedragons »

Obviously, the texting guy should have been carrying, and shot the retired cop, before he had the chance to shoot him and his wife.

Or maybe all these idiots should have just stayed home and watched cable, because they don't have the ability to go to a movie theatre and watch a movie without starting a war. Retarded.
fivedragons

Post by fivedragons »

Let this be a warning to all policemen, the next citizen you deal with might be a moron. Let this be a warning to all citizens, the next policeman you deal with might be a moron.

Let this be a warning to all newborn babies; you have just entered a world full of retarded morons.
fivedragons

Post by fivedragons »

“I can’t believe people would bring a pistol, a gun, to a movie,” said Charles Cummings, who was sitting near Oulson and Reeves. “I can’t believe they would argue and fight and shoot one another over popcorn. Over a cellphone.”
Cummings, who said he had been a combat Marine in Vietnam, said the victim fell onto him and his son. When dad and son spoke to reporters Monday, both had blood on their clothes."

Way to go, retards.
fivedragons

Post by fivedragons »

Seriously, I have known too many people like the popcorn thrower, and all it takes is throwing your popcorn at the wrong retired cop, who just doesn't have any time left for that crap. :lol:
Jason Rees
Site Admin

Post by Jason Rees »

“I can’t believe people would bring a pistol, a gun, to a movie,” said the idiot who probably thinks a sign can physically stop someone from carrying one.

Florida. The gift that keeps on giving. Is it something in the water?
Life begins & ends cold, naked & covered in crap.
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Several comments.

I go to movies weekly, and attend them with my son. I bring a cell phone, but put it on silent mode as soon as I enter the theatre.

Lots of people text during the previews. It is what it is. Some tolerance should be allowed here. I sometimes do a "selfie" with myself and son, and send to friends. "We are at the movies." You get the idea. It's a big thing for us.

I once had someone beside me go into a tissy-fit as I was texting. It was the previews before the previews, fercryinoutloud. And I had received an emergency text about an emergency notification to a million people (orchestrated by me) about a suddenly-emerging flu pandemic. It's not like I was chit-chatting. Anyhow... the guy talking to me was making more noise and fuss than I was by quietly responding to this emergency message. No... I wasn't going to leave my son or have both of us go and make an even bigger disruption. I just finished the text and VERY CALMLY put my phone away. I said nothing to Dudley Do-Right on roids. There was nothing constructive I could add to the situation. I chose to control him by modeling the behavior I wanted from him.

I was not going to be kind though if he touched me or my phone. He was on my right side - within elbow range. Physical escalation would have been a big mistake.

I've stopped a couple of very bad events by projecting quiet, calm confidence in the face of a bullying threat. It absolutely works. But your confidence has to be genuine. Methinks predators can practically smell it, or the lack thereof. Lots of experience working with dogs helps here. Dogs seem to know who they can bite, and who not to mess with.

- Bill

Return to “Current Events”