What to do about ISIS (a.k.a. ISIL, Islamic State)

Martial arts related discussion for current events
Bill Glasheen

Re: What to do about ISIS (a.k.a. ISIL, Islamic State)

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Van Canna wrote: Wonder what's going thru the head of the 'be be-headed' in the photo.
:lol:

- Bill
jorvik

Post by jorvik »

Yea, right. This is what happened when we ignored these people in Afghanistan.

I'm with Dr.Craig Roberts on that one..............and they weren't afghans they was Saudis and one libyan
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

jorvik wrote: they weren't afghans they was Saudis and one libyan
Race doesn't matter. Religion doesn't matter. Political ideology does. Lethal force does.

The U.S. lost over 3,000 innocent civilians from around the world in one day from an attack planned by former mujahadin (al qaeda) from training bases in Afghanistan. That day consisted of an attack on U.S. commerce and U.S. transportation (two civilian planes hitting the WTC), an attack on the U.S. military (one civilian plane hitting the Pentagon), a failed attack on the U.S. Government (United Flight 93), and a WMD attack on both the U.S. media and the U.S. postal system (anthrax letters to key media personnel). It was the best orchestrated cheap shot since Pearl Harbor, and it targeted innocent civilians. Let me repeat - it targeted innocent civilians. The 9/11 attack was the face of pure evil.

The Taliban in Afghanistan didn't just tolerate the camps; they encouraged them. It's estimated that over 4,000 people from around the world traveled to these training camps - in response to a fatwah from a senior Muslim scholar - to wage jihad on infidels. Osama bin Laden was in fact banned from returning to Saudi Arabia because of his activity.

You're all over the map, Ray. Less posting; more research.

- Bill
Rick Potrekus

Post by Rick Potrekus »

I only, on occasion, post on anything but Uechi-Ryu related topics. However I am surprised as to how some are so enthralled with the propaganda of Islam. Believe it or not my family is distantly related to Jan Sobieski. My grandmothers maiden name is Apolonia Bigos. Look up tribal harvest stew. Their tribe, descendants of Norseman, were involved in the fight for Vienna. Then in more modern history fought with the White Army. Tyranny, oppression, and brutality cannot be tolerated no matter the cost!
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

During the American occupation of the Philippines in the early 1900s, Moros, marked by tiger-eyes and red headbands - signifying a resolve to kill until killed - strode singly down the streets blading everything in their path, embracing the belief that every slain Christian assured their places in heaven.

So tenacious was the Moros’ rampage that hundreds of reports by American soldiers surfaced, stating that the slugs of .38-caliber pistols failed to stop the advancing Moros. As a result of those reports, the .45-caliber pistol was designed and issued to American servicemen.
Van
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Good post, Van. Interesting stuff. I have a couple of random thoughts to share.

Killing is made much easier by dehumanizing your enemy. Radical muslim theology views "infidels" as subhuman. Hitler and the Japanese saw other races as less than human. Victims of radical muslim, The Third Reich, and Imperial Japan then see the atrocities that these groups commit, and find them to be inhumane. Translate -- only a subhuman could engage in such activities. All this helps remove the programmed barriers to killing one's own species - on both sides of the battle field. The killing begins in earnest.

As for the .45-caliber pistol... The Glocks I have chosen all have "stopping power." Yea, it's a b1tch to be firing so much at the range and get tendon and nerve inflammation, programmed flinching, etc. It's a reason to have low-charge "target practice ammo" so you don't beat yourself up while learning. Lots of dry firing also helps. My firearms instructor used to tell me that he dry-fired his favorite hand gun EVERY SINGLE MORNING while waiting for his coffee to brew. Kinda like that old "three Sanchins a day" thing.

- Bill
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Speaking of the killing beginning...

I'm not an Obama fan. I find it interesting that the Commander in Chief of our military is so want to use cruise missiles and "air power" to kill with reckless abandon. I'd bet a good chunk of change that Barry has never read Grossman's On Killing.

No human should engage in killing and think any mode is more sterile than another. Those that do are - in my opinion - clueless weasels. Dead is dead, no matter how easy or difficult it is to "pull the trigger."

When it comes to war, we need sober adults in the room. And we need leaders who make very clear to people from all political persuasions that we're engaged in serious business.

- Bill
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Translate -- only a subhuman could engage in such activities. All this helps remove the programmed barriers to killing one's own species - on both sides of the battle field. The killing begins in earnest.
Maybe it is another nature's way to bring about the great cull of the human race.

The Glock .40 caliber is a preferred 'stopping instrument' by the police these days.

You must have one of those.

Dry firing is good...it was my introduction to the M1 Garand in the Infantry.

If you were...right now...NOW...in a dire situation to have to grab, throw in your car, and run...right NOW...which firearms combo and ammo are stored near you bug out bag?

There will be plenty of zombies near and afar to take care of, plus crazed animals...stalking you to take away your guns, transportation, food and shelter.
Van
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Van Canna wrote: If you were...right now...NOW...in a dire situation to have to grab, throw in your car, and run...right NOW...which firearms combo and ammo are stored near you bug out bag?
Glock 21 with 3 magazines ready-loaded. In my portable gun safe (mechanical push-button), ready to grab and go.

Hollow tip .45 rounds.

Rich was big on these mini pistols which he could toss in a pocket (e.g. S&W titanium). Not me... I have a big hand and a familial tremor (had it all my life), which means I can't hit the side of a barn door with it.

I like the 21. It's one of the few semiauto pistols that fit my hand, and it's just heavy enough to make the tremor go away.

Several years back I was in the market to buy a shotgun. I had a couple picked out, but they were in very short supply. Apparently the military was buying them up faster than they could be made. Maybe now... Nothing like the appearance, and the simplicity. And it's even Joe Biden approved!! <snicker> In other words, It'll get the job done, and I'm not likely to get harassed by a lamebrained cop with an agenda.

- Bill
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

Killing is made much easier by dehumanizing your enemy.
I remember how our our country "dehumanized" German and Japanese soldiers during the 2nd WW. Posters, newspapers and even movies did a great job doing what the Muslin extremest are currently doing to us now.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

http://www.policeone.com/terrorism/arti ... nt-threat/
Rouleau's vehicle attack is very similar to a tactic al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula advocated in the second edition of Inspire magazine, where grassroots jihadists were told to run over victims with a large pick-up truck. Islamic State spokesman Abu Mohammed al-Adnani also called on jihadists to use vehicles and other simple modes of attack in a statement released on Sept. 21:

You must strike the soldiers, patrons, and troops of the tawaghit. Strike their police, security, and intelligence members, as well as their treacherous agents.

Destroy their beds. Embitter their lives for them and busy them with themselves. If you can kill a disbelieving American or European — especially the spiteful and filthy French — or an Australian, or a Canadian, or any other disbeliever from the disbelievers waging war, including the citizens of the countries that entered into a coalition against the Islamic State, then rely upon Allah, and kill him in any manner or way however it may be…

If you are not able to find an IED or a bullet, then single out the disbelieving American, Frenchman, or any of their allies. Smash his head with a rock, or slaughter him with a knife, or run him over with your car, or throw him down from a high place, or choke him, or poison him.

This incident is precisely the type of attack we expect from grassroots jihadists, who are eager to fight but generally lack the terrorist tradecraft required to conduct a more sophisticated attack. Quite frequently, these individuals stumble into law enforcement stings when they seek the capability to conduct a more sophisticated attack.

Those who decide to conduct a simple attack like the Boston Marathon bombers, however, generally succeed. In this case, Rouleau's attack was not well thought out, and his use of a cheap souvenir knife reveals that he was also poorly equipped, yet he succeeded in killing a Canadian soldier before being killed himself.
Van
fivedragons

Post by fivedragons »

:evil:
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

I suspect many of these maroons can be ferreted out with sting operations. I'm quite certain it is in fact happening all the time. We just don't hear about it.

This isn't a lot different than what was going on when I was younger. Back then it was the fear of your kid joining a "cult". Losers, all of them. About all you can do is call Orkin (metaphorically speaking).

Plus ça change plus c'est la même chose.

- Bill
fivedragons

Post by fivedragons »

The only good thing to come of this is that all the radicalized zombies from other countries are flocking to the target range. Less stress for their former host nations.
Shinkawa

Post by Shinkawa »

gmattson wrote:
Killing is made much easier by dehumanizing your enemy.
I remember how our our country "dehumanized" German and Japanese soldiers during the 2nd WW. Posters, newspapers and even movies did a great job doing what the Muslin extremest are currently doing to us now.
Thanks for the historical view. And many thanks for using the term "Muslim extremists" instead of "Muslims" (which would have given the impression, that all muslims are the same). BTW Nazi-Germany dehumanized german and foreign jews to enable the mass-murder.

From my side, a big Thank you to all the countries which helped and are helping to stop ISIS, especially the USA.

Return to “Current Events”