Power of Suggestion

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

fivedragons

Power of Suggestion

Post by fivedragons »

I can't help it, I love this stuff. It's not magic, but getting inside someone's head and using their intention against them. Not magic, but a kind of awareness that awes me.

I like the straightforward way he explains how the power of suggestion shapes the world we live in, our mind, body and spirit. While he is talking, he demonstrates how it can be harnessed and harmonized. Pay attention to the posture and the slight movements that change the perceptions of the "opponent".

There are 4 more parts to this, that can be clicked on.

http://youtu.be/26pJkYhHGek
Bill Glasheen

Re: Power of Suggestion

Post by Bill Glasheen »

This is painful to watch, and not in a good way.

This is what happens when "the master" meets someone who isn't part of the circus trick.

..... Kiai Master vs MMA

..... Phony Karate Master - No Touch KO Debunked

At one of George's camps, I set up a randomized trial with a "no touch knockout" expert where he was asked to push, pull, or do nothing to someone on the other side of a door - something he claimed to be able to do. The result? Our expert did worse than random chance. Lots of his students guessed wrong on the other side of the door. Oopsie!

One of the greatest accomplishments of MMA was cutting through all the chi bullsheet. No magic. Just good fighting or get crushed.

..... Best and crazy knockouts in MMA history

Look, ma, no magic!

- Bill
fivedragons

Re: Power of Suggestion

Post by fivedragons »

Bill, I would agree with you, but I can't, because the concept he talks about has kept me from having to resort to violence in the past.

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”