James Bond meets Big Trouble in Little China

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Bill Glasheen

James Bond meets Big Trouble in Little China

Post by Bill Glasheen »

I just saw this movie with my 16-year-old son over the weekend.

..... Kingsman - The Secret Service

It was just the kind of light-hearted humor plus action that we needed as a diversion. Here's a "fight scene" from the movie.

..... "Bar Fight" Clip

Needless to say this movie is the right mix of preposterous, accurate, and understated funny all at once. Sadly a lot of the best scenes are in the trailer, so you're losing a lot of the enjoyment by watching them. But still... it's worthwhile for entertainment.

It's worth mentioning that the movie has Samuel L. Jackson playing the villain, and Michael Caine playing a decidedly complex role.

A word of warning... If you consider world leaders - including our own - off base for ridicule (and more), then you will be offended. Me? I found myself rather inappropriately clapping at one scene. Most of the theater was aghast, my son laughed, and several people turned around and smiled at me. You'll see what I mean when/if you see it.

This movie is fun, and makes fun of itself. People with strong political views and thin skins may be appalled. People who want a happy ending will be left... well... you have to see the movie.

There are days when I have great hope for my younger son. He has a sophisticated/sick sense of humor about life and the world. 8)

- Bill

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”