Avalanche

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

fivedragons

Avalanche

Post by fivedragons »

I have started learning some forms from what is called in America kung fu san soo. According to the person on the DVD's, these are supposed to open the acupuncture channels, and massage the internal organs. I have learned two of these so far; I have some thoughts.

These dances are good for balance, and engage the mind in 3-d spatial thought. The movements lubricate the joints, increase blood circulation, calm the mind, and foster whole body movement in many directions and postures.

This is an exercise that gives energy, rather than taking it.

Good stuff.
Bill Glasheen

Re: Avalanche

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Nice to see someone take mystical mumbo jumbo nonsense...
DVD wrote:open the acupuncture channels, and massage the internal organs
... and make some plausible sense of it.
fivedragons wrote:good for balance, and engage the mind in 3-d spatial thought. The movements lubricate the joints, increase blood circulation, calm the mind, and foster whole body movement in many directions and postures.
You will go far, Grasshopper! 8)

- Bill
fivedragons

Post by fivedragons »

:lol: 8)
fivedragons

Post by fivedragons »

I realized that I have found an art that I want to really delve into and devote my time to. After a long time of learning from here and there and absorbing information into the foundation I had, as well as re-evaluating my mental and physical approach to this foundation, I find this san soo.

From what I have seen so far, I find it breathtaking in it's simplicity and functionality. The training methodology is like a breath of fresh air to me, and the whole thing just feels natural to me.

It will be fun to explore this.

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”