unforeseen consequences

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

fivedragons

unforeseen consequences

Post by fivedragons »

I was thinking about the movements I have practiced over the years, the sitting, standing and moving meditations. When I look at the movements in my mind's eye, I see something kind of weird.

I have been learning how to be an ape. :lol:
Bill Glasheen

Re: unforeseen consequences

Post by Bill Glasheen »

fivedragons

Post by fivedragons »

Stanley Kubrick was a genius.
fivedragons

Post by fivedragons »

If you can ignore the extremely annoying narrator, this a moment where a wild ape and a domestic ape come in conflict. The poor guy probably soiled his pants, knowing what he was dealing with. There is no comparison between a human and a chimp, as they are many times stronger than any of us. Luckily he made it into the water. We are bipedal apes without fangs. Different brains, opposable thumbs, less hair, able to drive cars and go to the moon.

https://youtu.be/VZueWOkNFd8

I wonder where the monolith will be, and what will it teach us?
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

The guy was an idiot.

While it's true that an average adult chimp can maul and destroy a human, it goes beyond that. if I'm not mistaken, the attacked researcher engaged in gestures (chimp grunting with eye-to-eye contact) that challenged the male chimp who attacked him. He'll live with that mistake for a lifetime. These are highly social animals with pecking orders and sexual rituals. Look the wrong way or make the wrong gesture and you're asking for a battle with an animal that you never want.

Meanwhile... there goes 2 years of research down the toilet.

- Bill

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”