Since no one responded to my request for testing criteria during my absence this morning, I will offer some ideas that might begin the discussion:
1. Since Mr. Mooney, Steve Benson, Dave Mott and perhaps Bob Campbell will be at Camp '99 and all practice what I will define as "chi" energy techniques, lets focus on a testing procedure we can experiment with, that involves these individuals.
2. How about a soundproof room where six cubicles can be constructed, side by side, but separated by sufficient space as to not contaminate the experiment. A divider will separate the tester from the chi expert. One will not be able to see the other.
3. One of these cubicles will be occupied by a random karate student, with no knowledge or apparent ability of the nature possessed by the four chi experts.
4. One of these cubicles will be empty.
5. Each cubicle will be numbered.
6. We will gather 60 volunteers, take them into a separate room where an independent person will inform them that:
a. They will not be touched during the test.
b. They may or may not hear anything during the test.
c. They will be told how to stand and act during the time they are in the cubicle.
d. They will be asked to fill out a questionnair after they have been in the cubicle for one minute.
e. They will rotate, in no special order, from one cubicle to another, until they have completed all six.
f. They will take a five minute break between cubicles.
g. A monitor will be positioned at the rear of each cubicle, monitoring body movement and reactions of the participants and the time, in seconds, that it happened.
h. Prior to the test, each chi expert will write down exactly what he plans to do and the effect it will have on the participants. Also when, during the one minute period of time, it will happen.
7. Groups of six volunteers, having no idea about what they will be tested for, will be blindfolded (or not blindfolded) and led into the six cubicles together.
I believe we can construct the cubicles and be able to select 60 volunteers who have not heard of this experiment at Camp '99. The results may not determine the Martial benefits of such chi ability, but I think that the results would help determine the presence of chi energy (or whatever we wish to call it). It is a first step.
[This message has been edited by gmattson (edited 09-26-98).]