Editor comments

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Bill Glasheen

Editor comments

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Ladies and Gentlemen

Might I suggest that we start some new threads. These last two are getting a bit unwieldy.

Anthony

Is there any way that one can get these threads to scroll in reverse so that the most recent is on top? That should, however, be a matter of personal choice. Just a thought. It might make it easier to deal with these very long threads.

Bill
Scott Danziger

Editor comments

Post by Scott Danziger »

But then you'd start reading the responses before the questions and would have to scroll downward to find the begining then go back up to follow the discussion. Especially the long posts.
Greg

Editor comments

Post by Greg »

I'm no moderator, but my vote would be to keep the scroll order the same, but ask the moderators to close a thread, and open a "part II,III,IV" etc. as necessary. My poor old 486 has a mini stroke, and gets paralyzed for a while over any thread containing more than 15-20 posts!

greg

[This message has been edited by Greg (edited 03-05-99).]
JohnC

Editor comments

Post by JohnC »

I agree with Greg. At a certain set thread cutoff point, routinely create a II, III, etc. While I at least have an old Pentium 75, at last count the bowing thread showed 55 posts and my old computer and my patience were sorely challenged!

JohnC
Scott Danziger

Editor comments

Post by Scott Danziger »

How about 25

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”