Mooney's Camp Study

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

David Kahn

Mooney's Camp Study

Post by David Kahn »

Bill:

Could we get an update on the Rich Mooney Study conducted at the summer camp?

Thanks,

David Kahn

------------------
email: <A HREF="mailto:chgouechi1@aol.com">chgouechi1@aol.com</A>
Bill Glasheen

Mooney's Camp Study

Post by Bill Glasheen »

David

You are the second person to goose me this week. The first was a little more "barbed".

Bill Jackson made a tape of the film he took of the 20 subjects. He sent it to me about 2 weeks after the camp. Since I wanted to do a double blinded study - and I was the one telling Mr. Mooney which variation to do, then I can't be one of the judges. So I've been getting various people in or connected to my research unit (and one karateka) to be the judges. Believe it or not, people differ in what they see. Consequently I'm getting enough judges so that I can document and quantify this inter-rater variability. It's the gold standard way whenever human judgement is involved. Right now I've 9 completed evaluations. I want to send the tape home with one more person today to get the final one.

The folks in my research unit were first "amused" when I spoke of the study. I let them all observe the MPEGs on Pantazi sensei's forum to give them an idea of what the whole empty force concept was about. But after getting into the judging part, they're a bit psyched about the study. In particular, my biostatistician really likes the design of the study, and considers the analysis to be a good personal "saw sharpening" activity.

Coming soon! Sorry this has taken so much time.

- Bill

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”