all that advertising...

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Sochin

all that advertising...

Post by Sochin »

Hi,

My screen is 9" high so I've got about 7.5" real inches of space and with all the ads and scrolling things and that strip at the bottom, I get about 3 " of reading space. Do you really make enough money off all this to make us 'small screeners' so cramped? Image.

------------------
Ted T.
The Fighting Old Man
jajima

all that advertising...

Post by jajima »

You have two different issues involved in your viewing area. The first is the size of your monitor. 17" is the new norm for home computers ($200). 19" monitors are nicer and can be had for $300 if you do some shopping. The second issue is the resolution that your monitor is running at. Go to display properties and try upping your resolution to 800X600. Internet explorer 5.0 has a full-screen function (press F11) that should add about an inch.

It may seem a waste to buy a new monitor when the old one works but it really does enhance the whole web experience.

-Josh
Bill Glasheen

all that advertising...

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Ted

Tony's forum would be the place to go to see if you can change this or to make suggestions.

I'm not sure about this, but my guess is that giving the space back that you're missing from the strips above and below will give you more lines of text on the page, but not larger text.

New monitor? Reading glasses? May be time to take the plunge.

Good luck.

- Bill

This post was brought to you by Crazy Eddie's Appliance House. If it's crazy, it's Eddie.
Sochin

all that advertising...

Post by Sochin »

Thanks guys,

I do have an older version of Netscape that doesn't run the extra stuff!! I guess I was just feelin' bichy.

------------------
Ted T.
The Fighting Old Man
gmattson
Site Admin

all that advertising...

Post by gmattson »

Ted: We enjoy having you on the Forums. So please get yourself a larger monitor. Lots of bargains available for 15-17 inche monitors. Computer technology becomes obsolete quite fast. I always recommend buying equipment that is being replaced by newer models. In the case of monitors, you should be able to get a 15 inch monitor for around $50.

The scrolling frame on top simply announces features of this website. Eventually I'll ad a couple of sponsors to help pay the bills. The bottom screen are important links that our readers use often.

------------------
GEM

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”