Fall Mid-Atlantic Regional

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

To all that have asked, we'd love to have you come down. This is the formal announcement for our next event (with some editing and additions).

- Bill

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Mark your calendars. Forward this to your students. Let me know if there is anyone else you know who may be interested.

We will be hosting an end-of-autumn regional workout at the Collegeville Dojo.

Date: November 13
Time: 12:30 PM until 4 PM
Where: Uechi Ryu Karate Academy, 3834 Ridge Pike, Collegeville, PA 19426
Phoenixville/Collegeville exit of Rte. 422,
15 minutes from the PA Turnpike I-76
(Valley Forge Exit)
Phone: (610) 454-1230 Dojo,
(610) 489-4418 Home

The program is still being formed. The general plan is based on a "standard" Uechi Ryu workout, supplemented by a few special topic presentations by guest instructors. I will be able to give more details in about a week. But in any case, it should turn out to be a good time for all.

We will serve food and beverages at 4:30, pizza, sandwiches, tomato pie, as well as sushi from a humble, local okinawan sushi restaurant.

We can always jam a few more bodies on the workout floor, but it is helpful to have some general numbers of attendees for the food planning. There is plenty of free parking. Overnight accomodations are fairly convenient.

Please reply as soon as possible and let me know if you can attend. I will send another e-mail with detailed directions and hotel/motel info.

Thank you all for your support.

Steve Drehobl
SDrehobl@compuserve.com
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Forgot to mention...

The evening before (Nov 12), we're having Raffi down for some good-old-fashion stick and knife fun. In the Richmond American Family West End dojo from 7-10 PM. Details can be gotten from uechirich@aol.com

- Bill
RACastanet

Post by RACastanet »

Hi all. A note on Raffi sensei's visit to Richmond on 11/12.

This date was not picked to compete or otherwise conflict with the regional workout in Collegeville, PA. on 11/13. The date was determined by Raffi's 11/13-14 seminar in the DC area. We must take advantage of his availability on the 12th as we won't get another opportunity to train with him until next spring or summer.

Making both sessions would be difficult but doable as Interstate 95 provides a straight shot from the Richmond area to Philadelphia. Anyone interested in visiting us in Richmond just post here or on the same topic under the 'Seminars' forum for more info.

Rich

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”