Step up folks..he walks , he talks, he crawls on his belly l

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Kevin Mackie

Post by Kevin Mackie »

Not to dwell on the issue but what is it about these E-freaks that I find myself drawn by? Yesterday's nonsense had me fixed to my screen amazed at the idiocy in front of me. I had to keep checking in to see how low it would get. Rock bottom was the finale.

Repulsive, yes? Just like someone eating a fistful of live worms.

Later,

Kevin
student

Post by student »

And I am wondering what there was about it that compeled me to respond.

Disturbing. Must give it more thought.

student
david

Post by david »

This site has for the most avoided alot of the nonsense that I have seen in other sites. Part of it is that we know each other, or can trace someone to someone we know. That brings on an accountability of sorts.

As for others, we measure them by their words/behavior on this forum. We don't need to dismiss new folks but we don't necessarily have to give respect (and attention) until they show they warrant it. Examples of those who earned their respect from outside the Uechi world include Jason (OSU!), Scaramouche, Collins, the "Brother" form DC., and recently student.

As for "challenges", one has to consider that in the course of the day one can get one or more "challenges" by a hard look, harsh words, an obscene gesture, etc. You can't respond to everyone of them, nor is it wise or conducive to a long, fulfilling life to do so. One learns to not be bothered (much) by them because they are generally harmless, albeit annoying, behavior. Learn to focus and discern the real dangers that may be coming on fast. With the latter and only the latter, action with extreme discretion is called for.

david

[This message has been edited by david (edited 12-21-99).]
student

Post by student »

Thank you, David.

student
Shelly King

Post by Shelly King »

Of all days for our server to go down...I have apparantly missed an event of great interest and a chance to lurk on the destructive wit of so many of our regulars...Darn!

------------------
Shelly
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Shelly

Nothing was erased - just moved elsewhere. Plus I automatically get sent copies of all posts and their origins. For the right price...

I'm thinking about saving up choice responses to these cybertigers for a future publication. Should be some priceless, entertaining reading, when taken out of context. I tell you, cretinous excrement brings the best out of some of you folks. You really crack me up.

Student

All of us have taken the bait at one time or another. After a while it's sorta like dealing with those annoying telemarketers on the phone. You end up playing a game with yourself over how quickly (in words spoken by them) you can recognize their game and just hang up.

- Bill
student

Post by student »

My way of dealing with annoying, door-to-door evangelists (those who will not accept that I have my own religious convictions, thank them for their concern, and wish them well on their way), is to postulate "Let's take it from the beginning."

Then I start quoting Genesis, chapter and verse, until their eyes glaze over.

Their eyes glaze rather quickly, because I'm quoting it in Hebrew.

With a piteous smile I solicitously say, "Oh! You mean you read yours in TRANSLATION?

"Oh."

And close the door.

student

[This message has been edited by student (edited 12-21-99).]
Shelly King

Post by Shelly King »

Bill-san

Price you say? I would offer JD's soul but we all know that's already been taken...perhaps we can settle on something else. I so hate being left out of the fun.

Student
the first time the door to door religious salespeople showed up at our college house, we were in the middle of a rather large party. They apparantly felt they had found their life's work because after that, they came by twice a week all semester to help us leave behind our sinful ways. We never came up with a successful method of getting rid of them. Perhaps if we would have stopped telling them that all informational pamplets must be approved by the Dark Overlord of the Underworld?

------------------
Shelly
Allen M.

Post by Allen M. »

Last nights show reminded me of the time a Soviet task force steamed alongside the Alleutian Islands and down the Alaskan coast a little too close for comfort. Every single U.S. Sub in the northern Pacific popped up to the surface and waited.

I guess there are those who like to raise eyebrows.

------------------
Allen, now at his new website www.ury2k.com

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”