Have a merry!

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Bill Glasheen

Have a merry!

Post by Bill Glasheen »

A former karate student of mine (from over a decade ago) called me yesterday in somewhat of a whimsical mood. He had started a multi-style martial arts school in the Tidewater area of this state and was chatting with me about the various things he would be teaching.

Life, he told me, was very good. Damned good - his job, his 2 kids, his martial arts, etc. But there was this one annoying thing, or shall we say bad experience. We don't need to go there, but many of us have gone through such painful trials in life. And as he was remarking on the contrast of this one very nasty part of his life with everything else he was doing and experiencing, I pointed out the fact that this ONE nasty element was exactly the thing that made him appreciate everything else. He was gushing with so much enthusiasm about everything else that was going on.

Sometimes you don't really appreciate how nice the car is you drive until you hit the bump in the road.

Merry Christmas to all you wonderful people who have made a difference to me, and have allowed me the honor to make a difference to you. I cherish the memories and look forward to more.

Sincerely
Bill
RACastanet

Have a merry!

Post by RACastanet »

And Merry Christmas to you and the family as well.
Rich
Rick Wilson

Have a merry!

Post by Rick Wilson »

Merry Christmas, Bill. Your forum adds greatly to my world.

Rick
david

Have a merry!

Post by david »

Bill,

Wishing you a good one with your family and friends.

david
Phils

Have a merry!

Post by Phils »

Wishing you and yours a Happy Holiday Season.

Regarding your friend or past student, I would have drawn a different conclusion from what he imparted. In any event, your guidance no doubt helped.
Bill Glasheen

Have a merry!

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Phil

Without all the information, it's a chicken and egg thing to an outside observer. Timing dictates causality.

- Bill

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”