"WOW!! now THIS is a great site."

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Jubei Kibagami

Post by Jubei Kibagami »

"Wow, this is one AWESOME site! Why have I just found out about it? The web is getting so big now, I guess its harder to find things now. Haha, well I also have a martial arts site of my own: http://www.mindspring.com/~justin.king/martial-arts check it out if you want to. Peace, and Godbless!"

-Jubei

------------------
[Jubei's Martial Arts Page] http://www.mindspring.com/~justin.king/martial-arts
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Jubei (or Justin)

Welcome to this site.

I see you are into the "Wushu" side of the arts. I note your love of areal kicks involving unusual flexibility. I really liked this stuff when I was a younger lad, having just come off of both high school and college track. But then I didn't kick in such an acrobatic fashion.

The Uechi style - which is the foundation for this web site - is very conservative in its approach to fighting. It comes from Southern Chinese fighting methods around the time of the Boxer Rebellion. As a matter of fact, your hero Bruce Lee originally studied a similar style (Wing Chun) that came from the same general area. But then Bruce went Hollywood and of course he had to take advantage of that skinny acrobatic body of his.

Enjoy your time here. Check out the dojo location sites elsewhere on this page, and go visit one of our dojos when you get a chance.

- Bill
Jubei Kibagami

Post by Jubei Kibagami »

"I love sparring! I like to be well-rounded with good foundations, but I am also exploring all other aspects of the arts, and such. I've ALWAYS wanted to take Wing-Chun, though! I'll check out the things you mentioned."

-Justin

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill Glasheen:
Jubei (or Justin)

Welcome to this site.

I see you are into the "Wushu" side of the arts. I note your love of areal kicks involving unusual flexibility. I really liked this stuff when I was a younger lad, having just come off of both high school and college track. But then I didn't kick in such an acrobatic fashion.

The Uechi style - which is the foundation for this web site - is very conservative in its approach to fighting. It comes from Southern Chinese fighting methods around the time of the Boxer Rebellion. As a matter of fact, your hero Bruce Lee originally studied a similar style (Wing Chun) that came from the same general area. But then Bruce went Hollywood and of course he had to take advantage of that skinny acrobatic body of his.

Enjoy your time here. Check out the dojo location sites elsewhere on this page, and go visit one of our dojos when you get a chance.

- Bill
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dakkon

Post by Dakkon »

Jubei,
Very nice webpage!
Enjoy your visit in the forums.
Cheers,
Dakkon
Jubei Kibagami

Post by Jubei Kibagami »

"Thanks! ;^) Hehe, I'm about to go to the computer store today to pick up a video capture device (on sale, hehe) so within the net 48 hours, you will see a new section on my site *Grin*."

-Jubei

------------------
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

By the way, make sure you check out Gary Khoury's forum. He is our resident national/international sparring expert and all-around good guy. He has a very broad (non-style specific) approach to his advice and discussions about tournament sparring.

- Bill
Jubei Kibagami

Post by Jubei Kibagami »

"Heh, I already picked up a USB StudioPCTV capture device, on sale at CompUSA ($69.99 after rebates) on sunday ;> 3 Video clips are up now ;>"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anthony:
Check out the USB Dazzle. It's a nice piece of equipment.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Jubei Kibagami

Post by Jubei Kibagami »

http://www.mindspring.com/~justin.king/martial-arts
(under the new 'video' section)

"check em out! ;> I will be releasing more in the near future!"

-Jubei

------------------
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

I tried to view the video Jubei, but was unsuccessful. The link seemed to be incorrect.

------------------
GEM
Jubei Kibagami

Post by Jubei Kibagami »

"Ohh, if you just click on the link, you will get an error, Geocities is funny. It won't allow direct downloads, so you have to use the 'save target' command on your browser to actually save the file. Sorry about that ;^p"

-Jubei

------------------
Scott Danziger

Post by Scott Danziger »

Justin,

I really like your site. Nice work. I noticed though that some of the links are pointing to your local drive. Check out the top row links on your pictures page. I noticed the same on some other pages. I am currently (as I write) using two browser pages to flip back and forth.

I like the direction you are taking your site. Makes it different from most of the MA sites out there. And I know... I have visited many (as you can tell from the Uechi <a href="http://www.xpres.net/~gmattson/cgi-bin/links/">Hot Links</a> page)

Good Luck!

Scott

------------------
The Uechi-Ryu.Com Hotlist
Taking Charge - Cable TV & Video Martial Arts Show
Martial Arts Of Long Island

[This message has been edited by Scott Danziger (edited January 12, 2000).]
Jubei Kibagami

Post by Jubei Kibagami »

"hehe, thanks for letting me know about those errors, it should be fixed now ;^) BTW, I used to live in Farmingdale, Long Island. I took TWD and Shotokan there back in '91 and 93."

-Jubei
Jubei Kibagami

Post by Jubei Kibagami »

"Oh, haha, I MEANT 'TKD', whoooopz ;^) sorry about the confusion, hehe."

Peace!
-Jubei
Scott Danziger

Post by Scott Danziger »

Hey Justin,

Nice to see another ex homey. I'm out in Coram now. But as another ex LI'er here before me, I too am planning on vacating the Island soon.

Quick question... I've read that TKD actually came from Shotokan. To the best of your knowledge is that true? Since you studied both, are the similarities compelling?

Scott
Jubei Kibagami

Post by Jubei Kibagami »

"Hmm..that is interesting, I never heard of that before, but I do know that the beginner forms are very similar. Chung Ji (I think) was the first form in TKD that I learned, and that was very similar to Heian 1..its been so long, but I do remember the beginner katas/forms. Not sure about the rest, though...I'm sure it all came from the same source, somewhere down the line! ;>"

Just my 3 cents,
-Jubei

------------------

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”