Clinic on Bunkai in RI 3/25/2000

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Victor

Clinic on Bunkai in RI 3/25/2000

Post by Victor »

I have a unique offer to make to the members of this forum who live in the New England area.

A gentleman who has shown me the incredible depths of kata application (bunkai), Sherman Harrill, will be doing a clinic in Rhode Island. While he is an Isshinryu instructor, he has worked extensively with other Okinawan stylists, especially with Ueichi Ryu in the Mid Western US.

On Saturday, March 25th, Joe Aiello's Shorin-Ryu Karate School will be hosting a clinic with Sherman Harrill from 2pm to 8pm in Cranston, Rhode Island.

Mr. Harrill is a 7th Dan in Isshinryu Karate and a direct student of Tatsuo Shimabuku, the founder of Isshinryu. Harrill Sensei's knowledge of kata applications are widely known and he has been a frequent
visitor in many locations to share his training.

The depth of the knowledge offered by Mr. Harrill is outstanding. For example, he will frequently spend 2 or 3 hours just covering the basic applications of the first move of a kata. Working with him you will get a chance to understand the depths of movement application.

The clinic will cover the Basic Mechanics, Theory, Body Movement, Angle of Application and Bunkai from Kata Nihanchi and Kusanku.

Sensei Joe Aiello has been studying Mr. Harrill's lessons for approximately five years, and even though Shorin-Ryu is different from Mr. Harrill's Isshinryu, the principles behind their respective kata
and applications are the same.

The seminar fees are : Students under 12 years old - $25.00
Students 12 yrs through adult - $40.00
Black Belts - $50.00
(students under the age of 12 may leave after 5pm if they wish)

For more information about the seminar or directions feel free to call:
Sensei Joe Aeillo at 401-943-8019 (daytime)
401-943-5137 (Cranston Dojo Thurs and Fri nights)
401-884-2233 (E. Greenwich Dojo Mon to Wed nights)

If you are interested in furthering your knowledge of Kata Nihanchi or Kusanku, I personally recommend this as a clinic to consider.

For the Ueichi Ryu practioner, who does not do these kata, I guarantee you will find his analysis and techniques applicable to your own work.

Victor Smith
Bushi No Te Isshinryu
isshi-@aol.com www.funkydragon.com/bushi

------------------
Victor Smith

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”