Pardon The Intrusion but....

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Scott Danziger

Post by Scott Danziger »

I hope you all don't mind the intrusion but since this forum has the highest amount of traffic, I would like to convey the following...

We have been working on Video and now audio streaming over on Tony's forum. But I sure could use some feedback as to the quality and functionality of the clips. I assure you this is not a Scotty thing. It's for Uechi-Ryu.Com. The potential is enormous (My spelling skills aren't). This streaming stuff, when working, can be a really cool tool never mind a massive time saver from downloading huge files. I think it is better than Real Player when working correctly. I've seen it on other web sites.

If you get a chance to visit Tony's forum please do.

The following are all the same Audio clips converted at different levels. They "Speak" for themselves. You will need Microsofts Multimedia Player.

Audio Test 1

Audio Test 2

Audio Test 3

Thank you for your time.
Scott

------------------
The Uechi-Ryu.Com Hotlist
Taking Charge - Cable TV & Video Martial Arts Show
Martial Arts Of Long Island
Adam

Post by Adam »

I didn't get any sound with the picture.

Adam
The lowly white belt
Scott Danziger

Post by Scott Danziger »

Adam,
Are you using the latest version of Windows Media Player? You can get it here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/mediaplayer/en/default.asp

Also, the above are only audio files. No Pictures. The video clips are on Tony's Computer Forum.

Thanks for the input.
Scott

[This message has been edited by Scott Danziger (edited March 04, 2000).]
Greg

Post by Greg »

Scott,

Works great! I'm working on an HP/350 with a 56K modem (connecting at ~46K). The only problem was with the first, mono clip. A couple of times at 19 sec, the player "re-buffered" the clip.

greg

BTW, nice accent - feels like being home again... Image
Scott Danziger

Post by Scott Danziger »

Thanks for the feedback Greg. And I tried so hard to cover up this accent. Image

This next clip is only ONE reason I think audio and video clips could benefit us. It would go well with the Seisan discussion. I captured it from a Cable show here on Long Island called Taking Charge. I do the video pics and clips for the show's website. The show is produced and directed by Kyoshi Marilyn Fierro 8th dan Isshinryu.

The following is a brief discussion on kata from Kyoshi Peter Carbone. When I watched the show this morning (on tape) I realized how well it would fit in the seisan discussion. However, I am still experimenting so I am putting it here.

Kyoshi Carbone Discusses Kata

Scott

------------------
The Uechi-Ryu.Com Hotlist
Taking Charge - Cable TV & Video Martial Arts Show
Martial Arts Of Long Island

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”