Have you noticed?

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Evan Pantazi

Have you noticed?

Post by Evan Pantazi »

Has anyone been noticing the member count each day growing at a rather fast clip? Mattson Sensei my Congratulations Sir!!! And to all the members new as well as tried and true....thank you for the open minded exchange of knowledge!

------------------
Evan Pantazi
users.erols.com/kyusho
Bill Glasheen

Have you noticed?

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Inquiring minds want to know.

But seriously... I don't know about others, but I get a lot smarter after challenging the intellect and experience of other big names on and about these forums (Van, George, J.D., Evan, etc.). To the casual observer, it may appear as arguing. I believe it was Disraeli who once stated "People should never watch sausages and laws being made." The same can sometimes be said about the quest for truth. Somewhere in the aftermath of passionate exchanges, smart people can pick up precious morsels of wisdom.

- Bill
Victor

Have you noticed?

Post by Victor »

I must take exception.

My father was a Pennsylvania Dutch Butcher, and I spent a great deal of my formative years watching sausages being made.

Can't say it ever harmed my psyche.

Now there are sausages and of course there are sausages. How they're made has a great deal to do with the Butcher involved.

Kind of think the same thing applies to karate! <grin>

------------------
Victor Smith
Kevin Mackie

Have you noticed?

Post by Kevin Mackie »

Pig lips and cow uterus.
Pass the KC Masterpiece!

Yum
student

Have you noticed?

Post by student »

My maternal grandfather was a kosher slaughterer during the week and a cantor on Sabbath and holidays.

In his honor, I butcher music.... Image

student
Gary Santaniello

Have you noticed?

Post by Gary Santaniello »

Kevin,

You make a good point regarding the term "guppy"! Some people are sensitive to terms and are easily offended.

I do think "junior member" is more appropriate and non-offensive. I don't know who made the change in it. However, if enough people feel that way and state it, i'm sure it would be changed.

I am sure it was not as to offend anyone, although it may be taken that way. A friend of mine stated that he had to hurry up and make a lot of posts and replies as to change his status to "member". We both laughed.

------------------
Gary S.
Mary S

Have you noticed?

Post by Mary S »

HAHA....Yes, Bill-san these are the "precious morsels of wisdom" I'm looking for ....(Note to self...become vegetarian tomorrow)
Kevin Mackie

Have you noticed?

Post by Kevin Mackie »

I worked in a meat room as a teen. You definately do not want to watch sausages being made.

The member count has grown by over 40 in the last two weeks.

Most of the newbies must just be hanging back for a while, as most posts are from the same people.

May I suggest changing the terminology of new members from "guppy" to something else? I have seen some new people in the last month take offense to the guppy term. The connotation is they don't know anything.

Kevin
Bill Glasheen

Have you noticed?

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Gee, I didn't come up with the term, but I thought it rather endearing. I've owned some guppies who knew more about what was important in life than some I know...

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”