Kobudo?

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Gilbert MacIntyre

Kobudo?

Post by Gilbert MacIntyre »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BILLY B:

The weighted punching you suggest is interesting and pertains directly to my original post/idea. What results has it gotten you?

"shift work" is inherantly stressfull, I have found working out is the best way to reduce the effects. Many shift workers I know do not combat this stress effectivly(bad eating habits - little to no exercise). Good for you man!

The weighted punching I like alot. There are times when my shoulders are burning, but it really gives great returns. I find my punches are alot more punishing with less effort since I started with the dumbells. I also can't say enough about the kicks on the heavy bag, my kicks are very strong because of the workout on the bag. Seems like I could kick forever also.

The shift work was a problem starting out some years ago, I wouldn't give it up for the world now. I've got a nice little gym set up at work now and I use all the time.

We have a class room there and every now and then one of the other dojo rats comes down and we get to work on things that we feel need extra work.

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”