Uechi Tournament

Free listing of Events, Tournaments, Seminars & Products RELATING to the Martial Arts.

Moderator: gmattson

JaySal

Uechi Tournament

Post by JaySal »

Hello All:

Hope this note finds everyone doing well and working out hard and strong.

I have received some calls and emails regarding George Mattson’s up and coming tournament. I want to clear up any misunderstandings that may have been perceived by anyone, in regards to the rules and officials of this event.. George Mattson’s upcoming tournament is in reality. Two tournaments running side by side. The adults are a totally separate tournament then that of the children’s tournament. The adults have a totally different set of rules and judgers. Ron Fagan and his team will be the officials running and judging the entire adult section of this tournament.

The kid’s side of the house will be part of the New England Children’s Tournament Series. That is made up of four tournaments run over the course of the year. Tournaments promoted by (Mike Murphy, Raffi Derderian, Len Testa, and George Mattson). The rules and judgers for the children’s divisions will be that of the IUKF. The exact same rules and officials that have been working all the tournaments this past year.

If there is still any questions or confusion. Please just contact me and I will be glad to clear up any misunderstandings. This event is the last event for this tournament season. This is the grand championship event of the year; please try not to miss it.

Note: George Mattson has been extremely supportive in the development, operation, and implementation of the entire tournament series and the IUKF referee program. Come out and support this series. Its events like this that leaves your kids with great memories of their karate youth. George has gone to great lengths to make his event a top notch affair. The new home for his tournament “The Dome”. Is a giant in door “Three soccer fields” large areas? This is a great location. Every ring has a great view. You are sure to not miss anything your student or child does at this event, because of crowds.

Take care – Jay Salhanick
Jay Sal
Semper Fi
gmattson
Site Admin

Thanks for the clarification Jay

Post by gmattson »

Although I thought everyone was aware of all this information, since we've been talking about it for the past few months.

The "Adult" rules will attract the very best competitors in Uechi-ryu and those who wish to be more closely associated with world class karate tournaments. The only way I would run such a tournament was to make sure we had officials who were trained and not afraid to enforse the rules.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"

Return to “Events, Products & Services”