Junior Black Belt Test

Free listing of Events, Tournaments, Seminars & Products RELATING to the Martial Arts.

Moderator: gmattson

mikemurphy

Junior Black Belt Test

Post by mikemurphy »

As discussed on different occasions, we've decided to hold a Junior Black Belt Test for the IUKF students in the New England Region.
The test will be held on Sunday, January 28, 2001 at 10:00AM at Mike Murphy's dojo in Randolph, MA.

Anyone instructors interested in sending their juniors down, please use the regular application wiht a test fee of $25.00. This cost will go to certificates from the IUKF as well as refreshments, etc. for all who participated and helped with the test.

It is my hope to make this a learning and rewarding experience for these youngsters and make them look forward to their "real" test when they turn 16. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

mike
David Kahn

Junior Black Belt Test

Post by David Kahn »

Mike:

We've held a Junior Black Belt Test in Chicago in the past. I'm just wondering about the format you intend to use. Will you be using the regular Dan Test format? What do you intend to do about the potential differences in ages of the students (ie. a 10 year old testing with a 15 year old)

Thanks,

David Kahn

------------------
email: <A HREF="mailto:chgouechi1@aol.com">chgouechi1@aol.com</A>
mikemurphy

Junior Black Belt Test

Post by mikemurphy »

David,

I can't speak for everyone else, but it is my belief that we use the same format as the adult black belt test. In my dojo, the kids have to know the same material as the adults. The only difference will obviously be the level at which they perform the desired movements.

What do you think?

mike

Return to “Events, Products & Services”