throwing seminar

Free listing of Events, Tournaments, Seminars & Products RELATING to the Martial Arts.

Moderator: gmattson

mikemurphy

throwing seminar

Post by mikemurphy »

Date: May 5, 2001
Time: 2:00-4:30pm
Place: Lenny Testa's dojo in Brockton Ma
(Directions will follow)
Topic: Since many of us have been learing about grappling from the likes of Joe Pomfret and others, I thought it would be good to learn how to take others down effectively (and painfully) with some very simple throws that you may or may not know. If you don't know them, then this will be a new experience; if you do, then I will add a few twists to them, so you can get a little more out of them. In addition, we can certainly add the ne-waza (floor work) to the throws to tie it all in.

Cost: $10.00 mat fee

Comment: I hope you all come down and have some fun, because whether there is 100 peopls training or 10, we WILL train, and those who don't will miss out!!

Questions or comments: Call Mike Murphy
781-963-8891

mike
mikemurphy

throwing seminar

Post by mikemurphy »

We are waiting to hear from people other than the "regulars."

As Gary K. Van sensei are so fond of saying, "Who is ready to take the challenge," and get off their collective duffs to do something a little different that just may tie into their Uechi training? Who is ready to make new friends and reacquaint themselves with old ones on the mat?

Have you spent the week figuring out the many excuses why you can't attend, instead of looking at why you should attend?

The choice is your's out there. The fight on the street is NOT going to be a point tournament match, nor is it going to start on the floor with one person playing the patsy (good for training, but not the real thing). The reality (and ask Joe)is that it will start up on your feet, and those people who can comfortable with a throw or two have an added advantage. Not only will they be able to throw their opponant to the floor, they may just learn how to damage them on the way down?!?!?!

May 5th folks. Call Lenny or Me, or simply leave us a note on one of the many forums.

mike
LenTesta

throwing seminar

Post by LenTesta »

Directions to the Brockton Uechi-ryu Karate Academy

Directions to the BUKA
mikemurphy

throwing seminar

Post by mikemurphy »

Attention folks,

In order to accomodate some people we move the date of the seminar to the 12th. Same time and format though.

I hope everyone can still make it!!

mike
f.Channell

throwing seminar

Post by f.Channell »

I plan on going. Since Mikes students like to throw me the rest of you should be safe!
fred
mikemurphy

throwing seminar

Post by mikemurphy »

Let's not forget about this weekend at Lenny's dojo in Brockton. People out there who think throwing is not important are usually the one's who end up getting thrown!

BTW, the throws I intend to cover are not overly difficult throws to master, and although you should know how to fall (we will go over that as well), it won't affect you that much if you don't.

Hope to see you there!

mike

Return to “Events, Products & Services”