2004 SummerFest Line up!

Here's the place to offer suggestions for future SummerFests & WinterFests, talk about past events, post pictures and videos or share experiences from past Fests.

Moderator: gmattson

gmattson
Site Admin

2004 SummerFest Line up!

Post by gmattson »

Just finished my first draft. May be hearing from other Presenters, but this will give everyone an idea how the new program will work. Instead of multiple sessions every hour, we will be working as "teams", with a team leader coordinating each session. There will be one "Theme" for each session on the field and one discussion/demo session taking place "Under The Tent!". Please send me an email if you notice any mistakes, time conflicts or other changes.

Sue and I are working hard to make this one of the most exciting and enjoyable Camp ever held. Hope you will support our effort by attending and encouraging your students/dojo mates to sign-up. Thanks. GEM

http://www.uechi-ryu.com/summerfest/sum ... hedule.htm

Watch this Forum for updates.
Last edited by gmattson on Thu May 18, 2006 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
gmattson
Site Admin

Clarification...

Post by gmattson »

Received a couple of email and one call from people who were confused over the "theme" concept, where a team leader works with team members conducting seminars.

The Theme of a seminar focus on one topic. (Might be grappling for stand-up martial artist as an example) The team leader's job is to determine who else on his team can help him teach this subject. During the seminar, the team leader will assign members to work with smaller groups on the subject at hand.

Some people thought that only one person was to be teaching and this is not what will be going on.

Registrations are coming in fast and furious. Hope to see your application coming in this week.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
gmattson
Site Admin

Bo Seminar with Robert Hunt

Post by gmattson »

In this seminar Mr. Hunt will cover the Okinawan bo kata "Tokumine-no-kon" and the basic movements that go into it. This kata has a sho (short) form and a dai (long) form. Mr. Hunt's intention is to present at least the short form but, if time allows, continue with the long form. This will depend on the level and amount of the participants. Since there will be two instructors who can accommodate both beginning and advanced students the possibility exists of teaching both. If it turns out that many of the participants already know this kata, Mr. Hunt may choose to teach another.
RA Miller

Post by RA Miller »

Mattson-sensei:
Would it be possible to get e-mail contacts for my team members so that they can look over the lesson plans and provide input in advance?

It's not as good as a practice run-through, but it helps to coordinate in advance.

Also will mats, a dry-erase board and possibly armor be available? I have a single HighGear suit but would prefer not to take up my luggage allowance with it. Not critical, we did the training for years without armor, but armor helps speed up skill acquisition.

Thanks,
Rory
BTW- You have Kami and I down to teach "Building a Competition Team"... I might be able to do one on Building a Tactical Team, but I don't think that's what you have in mind...;)
gmattson
Site Admin

Woops

Post by gmattson »

I mixed up some of the presenter's material Rory. Will fix it today. (Raf Derderian is scheduled for that session)

We have one suit and Gary Khoury has a couple. We will bring them to camp.

I'll be sending you an email list of your team members first of the week Rory.

George
gmattson
Site Admin

Line-up coming together nicely

Post by gmattson »

I'll be posting more names as seniors confirm their participation:
http://www.uechi-ryu.com/summerfest/su ... _teams.htm
GEM
gmattson
Site Admin

More "Team" members. . .

Post by gmattson »

Spoke with Bob Bethoney who agreed to be on Rory's team. Bob teaching police tactics in the New England area.

Also spoke with camp regular John Hassell, who will be at camp all three days with his Bo.

George Donahue, who was so popular last year with his Bo teaching, will also be at camp on Saturday.

We should have quite a large faculty this year, which means lots of personal attention for participants. Be sure to bring your Bo (or create one out of wood!)
GEM

Return to “Fests_News”