Great tournament !

Here's the place to offer suggestions for future SummerFests & WinterFests, talk about past events, post pictures and videos or share experiences from past Fests.

Moderator: gmattson

Fedele Cacia

Great tournament !

Post by Fedele Cacia »

Congratulations, Sensei Mattson on yet another well put together tournament, and thanks, to all the competitors and officials that came from far and wide for participating in making this a great day.

------------
Fedele
Allen M.

Great tournament !

Post by Allen M. »

Fidele,

Where would Uechi-ryu be today if it wasn't for the tremendous organization and management skills of George Mattson Sensei? Thank you again for organizing and making such a fine event happen.

It is time that brother organizations like Shokei-ryu and Kenyukai join-in together and demonstrate our common heritage at events such as this. There is so much to be gained by all by joining hands, even loosly, and so much to loose by not.

The independant city-states of ancient Greece laid down their weapons and stopped the in-fighting during national events, showing the pride of their heritage.

Let history repeat itself!

------------------
Allen, Home: http://www.ury2k.com/ mirror: http://home.ici.net/~uechi/
Gene DeMambro

Great tournament !

Post by Gene DeMambro »

Yes, Fedele.

I offer my thanks and gratitude to all participants this year. Congratulations to all the tournament winners, and the newly crowned Grand Champions.

Thank you to the judges and the scorekeepers for their valued assistance and expertise.

Thank you to George Mattson for sponsoring and hosting this event, even though he sometimes feels like moving to Florida and playing golf full-time.

Thank you to the spectators and parents of the kiddies who came and participated.

I had a great time competing, and I hope I will do even better next year, so you and Vladimir better watch out!

Gene

Return to “Fests_News”