Rental Cars

Here's the place to offer suggestions for future SummerFests & WinterFests, talk about past events, post pictures and videos or share experiences from past Fests.

Moderator: gmattson

Lori

Rental Cars

Post by Lori »

Heard on the radio tonight that www.budget.com is offering rentals of their Ranger for 19.99/day if you rent online. Looked at the website and it's there - although I didn't look far enough into it to see if there is a "catch" - but even with some insurance or whatever tacked on - it's still a nice price for anyone looking for some transporation freedom coming down for Winterfest. Budget is very convenient to the Orlando airport.

So - you've got airfares for under $100 round trip, car rentals for $20/day, and there are hotels around for $60/night, a little more and you've got deluxe accommodations (look into time shares for short term rental - excellent deals - even apartments for low cost - multiple bedrooms - good for sharing cost.

And considering that you get all three days of Winterfest for what is it $150/175 - it could be the cheapest and most fun Florida vacation you ever came up with - not to mention the opportunity to work with the "Odyssey" team in a small class intensive format...

But maybe too many northerners can't bear to get away from all that pretty snow and ice for a long weekend of training and fun! Image

(P.S. Sensei - you can send my commission check to my dojo... Image)
david

Rental Cars

Post by david »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote
Heard on the radio tonight that www.budget.com is offering rentals of their Ranger for 19.99/day if you rent online.
Lori, now why would Florida rental companies want to market a four wheel SUV? Could it be an appeal to those "rugged" Northerner wannabes who want to feel like they can fight their way through snow and sleet and the occasional avalanche on the way to a local Dunkin Donuts? Image Or maybe they have forcasts for unseasonably cold weather and precipitation of the frozen variety... Image I have been to D.C. when it closed shop for an inch of snow. What would Florida do? Roll up the sidewalks!?

Ah, we Northerners will find Florida a walk in the sun. At worse, a mild winter's day to walk and enjoy Nature's kindness.

I think I'll stick to the Chevy Metro for 15.90 a day. Image

david

[This message has been edited by david (edited January 09, 2001).]
gmattson
Site Admin

Rental Cars

Post by gmattson »

Thanks for the plug Lori. Your check is in the mail! Image

Looks like we will have a good showing this year. Still haven't heard from too many Floridians though. . .

See ya soon.

George

Return to “Fests_News”