Summer Camp 2001 Seminar Topic of Seminar Instruction
Self-defense and Safety Awareness Just For Kids Ages 6-12 Yrs
Topics to be covered will include:
· Self-defense techniques specifically designed for kids. These defense maneuvers are easily learned, remembered, extremely effective and practical;
· The class will instill confidence;
· Children will learn personal safety for and in all types of real life situations;
· Techniques on how to achieve and maintain emotional control when faced with violent situations either physical or verbal;
· Where personal boundaries are when faced with adults in social situations;
· How to recognize dangerous situations and to say no with confidence;
· All participants will receive a certificate upon completion of the Summer Camp.
· Each seminar will discuss one safety topic in addition to practical skills. Children will then demonstrate several of the techniques that they will have learned during the demonstration period held in the evenings.
I have taught this class to my own students for the past eight years with tremendous results. I am looking forward to teaching this safety-kids program at this year's summer camp. These seminars will be co-instructed by Tracy Capone, Sandan and assisted by Katie Dyer. The classes are designed to be taught at every session.
Thank you for the opportunity to share with our Uechi family.
Rose A. Dyer Instructor/Godan