Jake Steinman

Here's the place to offer suggestions for future SummerFests & WinterFests, talk about past events, post pictures and videos or share experiences from past Fests.

Moderator: gmattson

gmattson
Site Admin

Jake Steinman

Post by gmattson »

Good News! Jake has cleared his schedule and will be with us at camp. There is lots of interest in continuing working with senerio drills using the High Gear Suits and I suspect Jake will be leading us in these drills. Watch for updates here and on the "Fest" site.

------------------
GEM
gmattson
Site Admin

Jake Steinman

Post by gmattson »

Update for the Jake Steinman Seminars: Some of these seminars may be presented in the Conference Center

As for what I'll teach:

Introduction to TCMS Confrontation Management Psychology: If you've even looked at the title of Van Canna's forum, you know how important mind-set is in a real confrontation. But while many acknowledge it, few people have really investigated it.

Think about it: You need a system for studying the physical side of a confrontation. Why wouldn't you have a system for studying the mental side of it as well?

In this class, we will cover some of the basics of Tony Blauer's Confrontation Management and Performance Enhancement Psychology. These are principles that can be applied anywhere, not just in streetfights...just like the martial arts are suppossed to be about.

Defending the Sucker Punch: The most dangerous moment in a real street fight is the sudden ambush attack (or "sucker punch") that catches us when we're unaware. During this class, we'll take a look at the nature of the sucker punch, and how Tony Blauer's S.P.E.A.R. system addresses this critical moment in a confrontation. The S.P.E.A.R. will help you learn to apply your tactics against the sucker punch, or any sudden ambush attack.

Fusing the Ranges/Streetfighting Drills: A truly effective martial artist will be familiar with all ranges of combat. Many are...but few have the skill to really fuse those ranges into a coherent whole. During this class, I'll go over some drills and concepts from TCMS on how to bring those ranges together into a coherent whole, including the innovative Range Rover drill.

Looking forward to seeing you at camp.

Jake
Jake Steinmann

Jake Steinman

Post by Jake Steinmann »

I'm going to try to set up some High Gear Scenario training for the last day of camp, for those who are interseted...

Now...the question becomes: What kind of scenarios are people interested in? What sort of situations would you like to see set up? I'm still in the planning stages, so let me know now...

------------------
Jake Steinmann
PDR Team
www.tonyblauer.com
dmsdc

Jake Steinman

Post by dmsdc »

Personally I'd like to see my worst nightmare:

1-3 bad guys go after 1 woman who's alone w/intent to submit for rape.

Though I'm sure there are others who have other ideas (though they probably haven't seen Deliverance Image) - but I'll definitely be there Sunday.

Dana

[This message has been edited by dmsdc (edited July 24, 2001).]
Jake Steinmann

Jake Steinman

Post by Jake Steinmann »

Dana,
I'm sure we can set something up...I don't know how many suits we'll have, so doing multiple attacker stuff might get tricky.
Look forward to meeting you!

------------------
Jake Steinmann
PDR Team
www.tonyblauer.com

Return to “Fests_News”