Thoughts

A forum dedicated to the creative expressions, inspirations, hopes and dreams of fellow Karateka.
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

The buildup is a special way ,to qualify for special it must do special things ,and not ordinary things ,it isnt for the mass of people .
Only one at a time ,or a few will ever carry it out in any given period of time ,this is one reason why it is special .

Another reason why it is special; it confronts those forces that stop the enlightenment principle even getting started in the first place.
It confronts ,the buildup confronts a opposition that blocks the enlightenment breaking out of its dormant position .
Its special because it becomes quickly aware of this opposition in no uncertain terms .
To qualify as a buildup opposition forces will line up in unique ways against each individual who attempts this .
To be special ,a slight seperation will be noticed ,from ordinary activity ,this will later be apprehended later on as strategic ,ones the real forces line up .

max.
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

The build up state is a rare state in sanchin ,if it was common every one would be talking about it, or have a good idea about it .
I have been attempting to show just how important it is ,in relationship to both sanchin and enlightenment .During the build up combat skills are still underway ,but they form one reason for study along side of enlightenment reason .
One helps the other acheive both objectives ,two main ideas are at work in the build up ,the enlightenment principle should lead ,we can see a threat is really a force brought against someone in the build up state ,we will need the combat part ,maybe to face this threat ,or we diffuse it.

But while involved with this threat, if the build up is strong ,and the enlightenment principle is strong the build up will not diffuse ,being carried away into pre-conceived ideas about this threat ,would destroy the build up .

So we can see the build up state to be strong and moving towards enlightenment ,needs to be aware of forces that can destroy this build up .as I said if a build up starts threats to the build up will line up ,with one real purpose destroy the build up .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

The build up to qualify as a build up needs two elements to cause the primary idea ;enlightenment to appear ,now if the combat idea was primary ,the chances of enlightenment appearing would be slim.
Now if the only idea was enlightenment ,a similar cause would happen ,to cause enlightenment to appear a subsidary is needed, in the case of sanchin it would be the combat element .
In the build up the enlightenment ,becomes the primary ,the combat secondary .

The secondary always re-inforces the primary ,at the start of a build up things could swing a bit either way .

max.
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

I said ex amount posts back ,the build up state is not a fixed /permanent state ,it is a channel a conduit that emerge's into the enlightened state . A totally different state alltogether .
In these posts I am attempting to add further additional substance to the build up that's all .

max.
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Day in day out upper most thought ,enlightenment question.
The narrowing of this one thought ,up against a inner gate ,the inner outer force attempting to thwart one thought ,but as the narrowing in continues the deciding factor is the wills which also have fused as one .
This along with a inner answer provides the hammer blow that blasts through into the enlightened state .
One instant there was a narrow focused inner coiled state .now all this vanished ,in its place was intensive inner light ,rapture ,joy and a different type of knowledge ,attributed to the state ,mind body and spirit were one within this new knowledge .
Every thing the old self was had been had vanished ,in its place was a crystal clear state along with this rapture ,the mind was now vast in terms of depth /breadth /and height .

max.
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

The enlightened state showed that the underlying spirit was intristically as one ,and not two from the first ,it was pure and was formless ,words like vast ,length/breadth/ depth ,are just symbols to describe .

max.
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

The enlightened state appears to be a wordless state ,but words can be put to it with time ,or better still as one matures the experience .
Its a bit like sanchin ,its really a wordless kata ,we the practioners have to put the words to it ,and if you compare the info available for the modern student today,against say thirty year ago ,they have a much more than all the seniors had .
To a newcomer sanchin does appear meaningless ,but the seasoned practioners know different .
Just like sanchin the enlightened state needs maturing ,words will follow linked to increased understanding ,a universal law applys .
Sanchin is symbolic gesture's ,they harmonise with enlightenment ,this is one specific reason sanchin is known as the enlightenment kata .
Sanchin wordless ,enlightenment wordless . when this is realised and experienced sanchin/enlightenment become as one they merge .

all I say can be related back to sanchin .

max.
max ainley
Jackie Olsen

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Have you thought, Max, of compiling all your thoughts and editing into a book? Would make a worthy read.

I just read of a book published by a woman who kept track of her thoughts during her training up to Shodan: "Dojo Wisdom." I can envision something similar with your thoughts on Sanchin, IMHO...

Jackie
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Jackie,Thanks .
Hey thats a thought ,compile thoughts and edit into a book ,well to be truthfull I was a bit reluctant to start these posts ,not really knowing how they would be taken at all . As I mentioned to GEM sensei it is slightly embarrassing in some respects to delve into these things and sort of expose one self ,in front of these forums.

But on the other hand I am 100% confidant as to the truth and validity to my experience and sanchin ,but on these notes I can understand any one with these experiences ,wishing to remain in the background so speak .
Jackie thats were I have been all these years ,in the background ,it was Gem sensei who after a chat asked me to come on the forums .

About twelve year ago I started putting things down on paper rough like ,kay laughed at it .She said you can't write ,just look at the mistakes .I told gordi breyette ,I dont spell check but just get into a flow of thought ,what you see is what you get .

I like to flow into things ,no pre-arranged stuff ,when I come on here I pick a word or concept ,then just let my mind flow through it ,but it must come back to sanchin .

I like to use a similar principle to the saxons and vikings their talk and language flowed in keeping with their seafairing lives,wave like it flowed .
In the yorkshire dales we have another flowing principle involved in dry stone walls that partition of fields ;the flowing skill is this ,the eye see's a stone its size shape ,and without having to break it to fit ,it is picked up and placed into the exact position ,but remember this stone work is random and not uniform ,all this is apprehended in flowing mind /body interaction .The old skill is ;once picked up it must go on the wall but look as though it just naturally grew there , this is zen like .

Jackie any one want to advice on book?
max.
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Did you know the Vikings had no swear words in their language ,they would swear to kill you ,but swear words were absent .
Enlightenment clears up in one swoop the tounge ,swear words fail to attach themselves ,no artifical discipline will ever be needed to clear out this fault .

max.
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

During the maturing period ,tounge control links up with the wordless aspect of the enlightened state ,this tounge control is laid in sanchin ,this aids the maturing principle ten fold ,the wine that is enlightenment will not leak away through incorrect use of the tounge .
max.
max ainley
CANDANeh

Post by CANDANeh »

In the yorkshire dales we have another flowing principle involved in dry stone walls that partition of fields ;the flowing skill is this ,the eye see's a stone its size shape ,and without having to break it to fit ,it is picked up and placed into the exact position ,but remember this stone work is random and not uniform ,all this is apprehended in flowing mind /body interaction .The old skill is ;once picked up it must go on the wall but look as though it just naturally grew there , this is zen like .

Max,
That is very very good! Your writtings remind me of the late folk artist Maude Lewis. ["Broad strokes, bright colours,
Maud painted a world without shadows ] You both express what you feel the way you see it and its there if anyone cares to see. I hope that makes sense.
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

CANDANeh ,thanks for your comments ,as you say "it is there for anyone who cares to see " I do fully agree with what you say .
Maude Lewis was she canadian?if we express things in similar ways ,interesting.
Dry stone walling is hard work, yet it as wholesome therapeutic qualites ,and art too.But like you say ,you gotta see it .feel it etc.
The maturing period after enlightenment ,is also a wholesome and as therapeutic qualites .Dry stone principle;
A similar principle can be used on puzzels ,once picked up don't put it down until it travels back to sanchin .

If we pick up the stone in unwakefull states ,its a chore etc ,or we allow our moods to religate the activity ,flow body/mind/spirit ....will miss these ongoing special moments ,as we come into wakefull states ,we can better solve any puzzle .
1 we are asleep to the principle of puzzle
2 we come awake to the principle of puzzle
3 we are stiff and can't get the puzzle on the move
4 we now apprehend flow within the puzzle
5 we now pick up the puzzle and learn to flow with it
6 we connect the puzzel
7 we solve the puzzle back to its source .

max.
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Our ryu ,as we know arranges its material puzzle like ,the seven step ;method gives insight into progress on how observation works .

In 1967 I went up into stone country with one of the best old timers arround in those days ;his words were watch me like a hawk ,get your hands out of your pockets ,the next set of words .look lively kid ,back sight into the stone ,flowing head body moves to forward sight the puzzel random wall , pick a position ,and a stone ,by sweeping the pile of stone ,fetch me that one kid there .
A start hey .
I started just fetch and carry ,to request ,but my idea was this is just a chore .
After days at I realised the stone seemed to fit into place without any messing . there had to be trick here .

max.
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

The fetch and carry method ,eventually becomes habitual ,his ways still arn't really seen ,seeing them is still cloudy .
"There is a nack to everything but its just matter of time young un ,for ya get the nack" old timers words .

Its the same with our puzzles .

Learning to move from fetch and carry ,on to ones own placing the stone ,is a step .scanning the stone now changed tempo instead of singular picking out ,two and three at a time were being requested ,and the new surprise was they all fitted ,and they all were irregular .

One method similar to this ,I use in seisan /sanchin .
max.
max ainley

Return to “Creative Heart & Soul Forum”