Facing Death, I thought...

A forum dedicated to the creative expressions, inspirations, hopes and dreams of fellow Karateka.
david

Post by david »

Leaving Lewiston/Clarkston was an adventure. Got on one of those "puddlejumpers" -- 40 seat prop plane -- and flew off into the blue skys over brown desert canyon land...

Five minutes out, the plane started a steep bank and turn... The pilot announced that we were headed back to Lewiston/Clarkston and that more information will be given on the ground. A hush fell over the passengers.

As we descented, the plane hit the turbulence of the rising desert air. The plane bounced and swayed. "Oh sh*t!" and feeling of fear rised in me. I (and others too) thought we were going to crash. Quickly thought about the procedures for a crash landing... Bend forward, tuck your head (and kiss your ^ss goodbye.) The fear continued to rise. "Any regrets?", I thought. None. With that I settled down and back, looked out the window and took in the blue sky and the beautiful but strange land coming up to meet us...

The plane landed with a thud and a bounce and taxied towards the hanger. The plane stopped and the pilot announced that we had turned back because the smoke signal went off in the plane's storage area. As we deplaned, we were greeted by the airport's firemen and sole fire truck, giving more weight to the pilot's words.

As we headed towards the terminal, several passengers joked and laughed. The next plane out was three hours later. That's okay by me, I thought. Image

david
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

Hmmmm... did you sneak a smoke while in the bathroom????

------------------
GEM
david

Post by david »

Have to admit... that first cig off the plane was as SWEEEET as a fresh picked strawberry. Image

Return to “Creative Heart & Soul Forum”