The Spot...

A forum dedicated to the creative expressions, inspirations, hopes and dreams of fellow Karateka.
Mary S

The Spot...

Post by Mary S »

David, now you're giving away all our secrets!!!! Image
david

The Spot...

Post by david »

Another perspective of the spot

http://sites.netscape.net/speedrockk/xprezzxun
Panther

The Spot...

Post by Panther »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crazycat:

Some pieces of hermiage might be a little out there, don't you think?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First it's hermitage...

Second, before I assUme (we all know what that means... right?) anything, please tell us what you think is "a little out there"...
david

The Spot...

Post by david »

Gentlemen,

I hope the link is not going to evolve into heated discussion from the apparent tone. I read JAK's post and found it interesting. Recognize he won't be here to address others' perspectives one way or another.

It's JAK's perspective and we may have a different one. The idea of the spot for me is retreat and to look and deal with whatever I feel I need to...

The notion of pilgrimage, retreat, vision quest, shugyo, or hermitage... have played significant roles in warrior cultures. Do do they all have the same explicit purpose? No. But the idea to go out alone to think and do seems an important one for many who seek to understand themselves better.

Repectfully,
david
Panther

The Spot...

Post by Panther »

David-san... I agree...

Since Canna-sempai gave us his inspiring and beautiful post, I guess I'll share one of my personal "quests"...

When my Daddy died very suddenly and unexpectedly, I went into mourning/shock. It was well over a year before I did more than just "go through the motions" of life... except for my "quest". My quest was brought on through my own needs/desires and the dreams I was continuously having. They were dreams of talking with my Daddy, bouncing ideas back and forth, hugging and laughing... and every morning I woke up crying because I didn't want the dream to be over, I wanted him to really be there when I woke up... but he never was. A new day and face again the reality that he was gone.

I completely immersed myself in my "quest", but it wasn't a "quest" in the sense that I went somewhere or in the sense discussed here. My quest was my own form of mourning and therapy. I wanted to pay a tribute to my Daddy in the best, most personal way that I could. I immersed myself in our home office - my study/music room...

I would go to work, come home and spend most of the night alone in the study with my keyboards and music. My Daddy had always supported my love of music and fully supported my desire to go to college and get a degree in musical composition (class of '79). No matter what others said, he never once tried to push me to go to schools like Duke or MIT where I was accepted in engineering (I went back to school later - class of '90). So I wrote music for him... every spare minute for nearly a year.

Classical music... two-part invention, four-part fugue, a motet, a chamber piece, and more... and finally an intricate six-part fugue (with a different instrument representing each member of my family, the timing based on our individual lives, and using liet-motifs with themes, variations and answers), and finished with a four movement symphony dedicated to his positive influences and part of our family's history.

I neglected everything else in my life. I had to for my own personal healing...

Though fully supported in my healing process by my wife, I know it left her lonely the entire time. She is/was so understanding... I have to make it up to her, but how do you make up for going into a shell for a year? Regardless, I'm trying to...

That particular quest (at least that part of it) ended with many tears the next Christmas... slightly more than 11 months later... when I gave each of my family members a CD of the music, a sash made from our Scottish tartan, and a pin of our Scottish clan badge.

Ironically, the day after Christmas the dreams went away...

I still really miss him.
david

The Spot...

Post by david »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I neglected everything else in my life. I had to for my own personal healing...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Panther,
As valid a reason for a quest as any...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote
I still really miss him.
And thus he is still with you (in your heart and mind.)

best,
david
Van Canna

The Spot...

Post by Van Canna »

Panther,

You are a gentle soul. May God smile upon you always.

------------------
Van Canna
crazycat

The Spot...

Post by crazycat »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by david:
Another perspective of the spot

Got a bunch of these power spots for fall hunting, did the "sweat lodge" for a few years, that is how I got to write "A Master" in another post.

Some pieces of hermiage might be a little out there, don't you think?
Tony-San

The Spot...

Post by Tony-San »

David,

Do you ever build a fire when you go out there? Ever noticed their different personalities?

Tony
Jackie Olsen

The Spot...

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Panther, I hear you, I understand ...

------------------
In Beauty,

Jackie

Return to “Creative Heart & Soul Forum”