Chinese Zodiac

A forum dedicated to the creative expressions, inspirations, hopes and dreams of fellow Karateka.
david

Chinese Zodiac

Post by david »

The Chinese zodiac is represented by twelve animals. The cycle is 12 years with each year represented by an animal. It is said that each of us prosess qualities of the animal/year under which we were born.

I not a big believer. But each new year, for the fun of it, I take a look at what the zodiac has to say. I'm a rooster and the astrology reading for the day is:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote
Your relationships with your entourage will have priority; you'll try to create a warm, relaxed climate around you. Crisis ambiences and complications will have nothing to please you. In the professional field, on the contrary, you'll persevere with your competitive mind perfectly intact. There should be some slight progress in the sentimental domain. This astral ambience might be very positive if you accept to take the opinion of your dear ones into account, if only to avoid new errors.
Go ahead, for the fun of it, check up on your sign and horoscope: Image

http://chinese.astrology.com/

david

[This message has been edited by david (edited January 24, 2001).]
Steve

Chinese Zodiac

Post by Steve »

hi david - I already know my sign: Pig.

My wife claims that it is most appropriate!!! I prefer to call the sign Boar, but either way, it's not complimentary.

Although I do like the qualities associated with the sign of pig!

Thanks for the link and Happy New Year.

------------------
D. Steven White
swhite@umassd.edu
Jackie Olsen

Chinese Zodiac

Post by Jackie Olsen »

I am the rat ... and proud of it! Thanks David for the auspicious reminder of this day. For those so inclined, I understand that there are 5 planets lined up in Aquarius -- happens every once in 144 years.

As we enter into the Year of the Snake ... I like to ponder what this means. Remember, our style is modeled after 3 animals, tho I maintain there are definitely snake movements, too.

The snake represents the shedding of it's skin to make way for new growth. It is a time of renewal and change. Doesn't a snake also breathe thru its skin ... absorbing the molecules and atoms of everything surrounding it? As they slither and crawl on GM Earth, they can feel their connectedness to the physical and hear Her heartbeat.

Came across this quote by Stuart Wilde regarding change: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>The spiritual traveler moves at speed, holding on to very little, tolerating their challenges, and accepting life as they find it. Moving into the unknown is a matter of melting the resistance that one has to change, taking responsibility, and being able to accept that nothing is permanent and it doesn't have to be for you to feel secure. For in the end, we will all change and melt into something bigger and better.

That's the nature of the spiritual journey, and that's pretty cool in my view. Give yourself away today to become something more tomorrow.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Happy New Year!

In beauty

"Changing Woman" Jackie
david

Chinese Zodiac

Post by david »

Jackie,

Yours is the best intepretation on the "snake" that I've heard. Image And I also like the Wilde's quote. May each day be the first for you.

Steve,

The qualities of the pig are definitely good. But I rather call you the boar as well. You have a knack for putting your head down and meeting things head on. Image

Too bad you're not on one of your Asian trips this time of year. Would be a blast.

david
david

Chinese Zodiac

Post by david »

Befriend your lions. They will serve you in times of need. Image

david
Panther

Chinese Zodiac

Post by Panther »

Well, I'm a dog... at least I keep ending up in the dog house! Image OH, sorry... as far as the Chinese Zodiac goes, I'm a... dog! Damn, can't be a cool dragon or tiger or ... hmmmmmm.

You've all read my posts and know where my "attitude" seems to fall, so go check it out and tell me if this is just hocus-pocus... (I think not!) Image
http://chinese.astrology.com/dog.html

BTW, David-san... I remeber years ago in the early 80's watching you fight over at the Open tournament at Brandeis. (Unless there's another David M. who is a smaller, oriental, whirlwind that can kick @$$ from here to Alpha Centauri and back?!?)

When I saw your picture, I thought you looked familiar and then I got confirmation from Margaret Chen-sensei of your last name.

Let's just say that from knowing your abilities, I always want to be your friend! Image

[This message has been edited by Panther (edited January 25, 2001).]
David Talley

Chinese Zodiac

Post by David Talley »

I'm a Tiger..GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Baby.

------------------
You can't fight if my thumb is in your eye.

talleyuechi@earthlink.net
Panther

Chinese Zodiac

Post by Panther »

OH yeah! And david is a Rooster! That makes sense... We're about the same age, 'cept he's an old faht now and I'm just a kid... not!

david

Chinese Zodiac

Post by david »

Panther,

Good thing I don't put too much on these signs. Image 'Cause I much rather be a dog than a rooster. I ain't got the looks to be a strutter. That and my good days of competition went the way of my hair and the years.

BTW, I knew of Margaret long before we officially met several years back. I used to watch her compete as one of the few Uechi women in the open tournaments. Image

David T, you should change your handle to "David the Tiger." We'll know what tail to pin when things go awry. Image

david

Return to “Creative Heart & Soul Forum”