Back When We Were Young...

A forum dedicated to the creative expressions, inspirations, hopes and dreams of fellow Karateka.
david

Post by david »

One can reminisce too much.

[This message has been edited by david (edited February 10, 2001).]
Jackie Olsen

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Perhaps ... but if we want to understand our present, we must look at our past. I wasn't quick enough to thank you for your earlier post...

------------------
In Beauty,

Jackie
Lori

Post by Lori »

From the preface to Lu Xun's Na Han

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote
When I was young I, too, had many dreams. Most of them I later forgot, but I see nothing in this to regret. For although recalling the past may bring happiness, at times it cannot but bring loneliness, and what is the point of clinging in spirit to lonely bygone days? However, my trouble is that I cannot forget completely, and these stories stem from those things which I have been unable to forget.
david

Post by david »

Thanks, Jackie. My work place held its annual Chinese New Year Banquet Friday. Over 430 people attended, many of whom I have known for a long time. Got caught up reminincing with different folks, some of whom I have watched grow up and some who watched me grow up. I was awashed with dreams and thoughts of the past that night...

Lori, that's an insightful piece.

In 1971, this young lad joined Mattson's academy. He thought he knew what he was looking for...

david
Steve

Post by Steve »

I just saw that young man last Saturday at the Hut. He was kicking me rapidly and repeatedly.

Thank you for sharing your past. Steve

------------------
D. Steven White
swhite@umassd.edu

Return to “Creative Heart & Soul Forum”