Knees, wood floors and help!

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

LeeDarrow

Knees, wood floors and help!

Post by LeeDarrow »

For those of you who have read my sometimes longwinded posts in these forums, you are probably aware that I have some bad issues with my knees and hardwood floors.

I have found what seems to be the solution.

Sears Mastercraft Knee pads. These puppies have 2 different knee cops that attach to the front over the knees - 1 for floors/carpet and the other for concrete/ricks, etc.

Gel pads built in as well.

I spent last weekend pulling up 2 layers of wall-to-wall carpet wearing these things and didn't feel a THING!

Not an ad - I don't work for Sears. Just, if you have knee problems with pressure and diging into hard floors, these are GREAT!

Maybe now I can go back and take that Iai-do class I tried last year!

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
"No matter where you go, there you MIGHT be!" - Heisenberg
Bill B.

Knee Pads and other "things"

Post by Bill B. »

Thanks Lee, I know knee pads are really helpful around the house too. My problem is I forget about them until it's too late. Another things that has helped me, NOT handy in working out in the dojo, but in working on jobs around the house or dojo where you have to work close to the floor for long periords of time. My wife bought me one of those small seats with rollers and a tray for tools etc. You can adjust the height of the seat and it has really been a big help for me. With my back and other problems in my hip area that bending down would really beat me up. This thing has eliminated that. I am doing some work out on our deck and I just roll around out there nailing and screwing,,ah putting in screws like a pro. Highly recommended.
Bill

Return to “Special Needs”