My Sensei

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

Eric

My Sensei

Post by Eric »

My sensei is sensei Dave Hunt and he has had major kidney problems that had almost killed him, but the amazing thing is that he survived because of his karate. His muscles where so big that they stopped the kidney infection from spreading. Amen. Has anything like this happened to your sensei?
Bill Bauknecht

Post by Bill Bauknecht »

Hi Eric,
So glad to hear that Dave is getting through his kidney problems. I believe that our training can help us get through many difficult health problems, both mentally and physically. The kidney problems I have right now are two, artery, which was hopefully taken care of by having a stent put in. The artery to the left kidney was 95 % blocked. The other problem is kidney disease caused by my cancer, multiple myeloma and the treatment I have had. Bone marrow transplant, chemo, radiation etc. It has been over 8 years since my diagnosis. Average survival for this disease, which is not curable, is 24 to 36 months after diagnosis. No question in my mind that all my years of Uechi training has contributed to my survival. My health care people agree with that. So kidney problems, cancer, whatever it may be, our training helps us survive, day to day, month to month and year to year. I am "living" proof of that. :D Wishing Dave a complete and speedy recovery..
Bill Bauknecht
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Eric,

Shocked to hear, but happy Dave is on the mend. :D

Life is full of surprises. Please give Dave and Joanne my very best.
Van
Eric

Post by Eric »

Shall do sensei.

Return to “Special Needs”