Toni West/Go dan

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

gmattson
Site Admin

This is very good news Bill

Post by gmattson »

Very happy Toni is doing well. Hope she will be able to visit everyone at camp this year.

BTW, Bruce will be there.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
Bill Bauknecht

Toni West

Post by Bill Bauknecht »

To all of you wondering how Toni West has been, she has doing pretty good. She and her family sold her home and she is now in a really beautiful condo at the Brookside Golf Club in Bourne. She had a short stay in the hospital last week, picked up a bug and was very sick. She seems to be doing better now. She still gets some therapy but I doubt that she will ever be able to drive again. I have my kids and grandkids to my house for some karate lessons and when Toni can attend, she really enjoys the classes. I am working on her left side,,the doctors told her the brain/left side connection in all probability, will never connect again. I don't believe that and have found some improvement, just in working the san chin thrust with her. When I get back, we will continue THAT therapy. I'll keep you all posted.
Bill
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Excellent news, Bill...give her my love...a fine lady and 'quietly ferocious' Uechi-ka_ one of Rabesa's best students. :)
Van
Bill Bauknecht

Toni

Post by Bill Bauknecht »

Van, I will be calling up to the Cape in the next couple days. Toni will be so glad to hear your good wishes. I am also able to check with her son and another close friend, just to monitor how she is doing. Also, my kids check in with her regularly. Thanks for your caring.
Bill

Return to “Special Needs”