Summer Camp Soccer/Uechi style

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

Bill Bauknecht

Summer Camp Soccer/Uechi style

Post by Bill Bauknecht »

Senei Van Canna is trying to get some Uechi people and friends, who play soccer, and make up some teams to play at summer camp. My son in law is a good soccer player, is still playing activly. He can play and can bring any number of players to help fill up some teams so there can be some really good competion. Any soccer players out there who want to jump in, get hold of Van or even me. I will help all I can. I even volunteered to be second base. 8O I know nothing much about soccer.
Get moving on this asap so Van can get an idea of how many teams can be put together. Something else that can make this another great Summer Camp. Looking forward to seeing all of you there.
Bill Bauknecht
billbauknecht@comcast.net
or
billbauknecht@aol.com
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Hi Bill,

Good ‘cross thread’ _ maybe we will get some interest going. On my Summer camp Thread here…

http://forums.uechi-ryu.com/viewtopic.php?t=20105

I posted this a while back:

> Given the popularity of the game these days, due to the world cup eliminations already in progress _ and the ‘games’ next year…. A good soccer game at camp would be very popular.

Canada vs. USA sounds good, and as you said George, we can draft players from Bermuda to even out the teams…I am sure the ‘Big Boys’ from Bermuda will know how to play the game.

We should be able to gather up two full teams of 11 players each, a Goalie, full backs, midfielders, and strikers up front. We could do with fewer players but 11 on a team are ideal.

Soccer is very demanding aerobically … on the legs …body and on the head because of air strikes.

Hopefully we can motivate prospective players to start a little training.

The ideal would be to also have two linesmen and a referee, who need to be in shape because they will have to run the field matching the player’s action.

We all will need several soccer balls, a ref whistle and some ‘EMT’ standing by…as people who think they are conditioned in body and legs will find out the soccer field to be a different world.

Does the Maritime have equipment we can borrow? <

~~

Hopefully between the two threads, we can get some action going.

The more players the better, since the ones not conditioned to play the game would need to be replaced quickly as they run out of gas.
Van
Chris McKaskell

Post by Chris McKaskell »

Darn, darn, darn!!

I've been trying to make things work, but as it turns out I simply can't make it to camp this year.

But if I could I'd happily play on the Canadian team.

Rats!!!!

Sounds like fun.

Double rats!!!! :evil: :cry:
Chris
Bill Bauknecht

Post by Bill Bauknecht »

Keep trying to put it together Chis,,,,you still have a couple months to figure it out!! Of course I live only about 20 mins. from camp. :lol:
Bill

Return to “Special Needs”