Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:13 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Dojo Mishap
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:06 am 

Hi Bill,
Just wanted to post a recent occurence, and an appreciative thanks to some of my fellow "Hut" dojo members. Last week, I got to practice late and didn't adequetely stretch out in my enthusiasm to get started.
I was working out fine until we did Dan Kumite (I believe it was) I did the jumping kick and immediately felt something go pop in my calf muscle. Never had an occurence like that, and I have had many injuries before. It was a sharp pain and immediately I couldn't walk on it or even bear weight and it started to throb and I hobbled to the sidelines not knowing what to mak of this.

I was worried that I had torn something badly and immediately thought about missing work and all. 8O However, thanks to Harry Skeffington's shiatsu knowledge, a loaner of tiger balm by Vinnie Christiano and an Ace bandage by our building manager Richie -- I limped out of there in better spirits. THough it is sore one week later I am nearly healed and do not seem to have suffered major damage.

I have to stress that I did this without contact to any other person. No Contact! So let everyone know once again. Warm up, s-t-r-e-t-c-h. Especially you new middle agers'

Also thanks to Terry who copied a number of DVD's for me, included in which was... lower body stretching (Thanks, Terry -- wish I had gotten that a week earlier!) :roll: