Check in Time

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

Bill Bauknecht

Check in Time

Post by Bill Bauknecht »

Hello to all. Before sensei Mattson gets on my case about reporting in, I will bring everyone up to date, boring as it may be. This is a good time for it as my wife and I, just yesterday, celebrated 52 years since we were married up in Alaska in 1958. 8O February 16th was my 14th year since being diagnosed with uncurable cancer and given maybe 15 months. I get all checked out every 2 months and last week when I saw my oncologist she called me the miracle man, all test results were good and I remain in remission. :?: My kidney disease has been staying stable at 4th stage failure since 2003. They are operating at 28-33%. In 2003 they said I had 6 mos to 1 year before it would be dialysis. I continue to PEE. :twisted: I am teaching Uechi and self defense to a number of my family members and a few friends. Keeps me up mentally. Toni West, who is also doing very well, is still coming over and we continue her working out and she has improved considerably since summer camp. My sensei, Art Rabesa and I are waiting for the warmer weather so we can get out to the golf course. A duffer I have become, but, it's tough to give it up. Art also comes over and checks out my students. The miracle of the last X number of years, though I still have not received a promised email, Art Rabesa,,,,believe it or not,,,,,has finally got a computer!!!! :!: I told Sharon she better get a spare, the first one will go flying out the window after the first day. I know Art very well. :lol: That's it folks,,as I said boring AND getting old. That is better than the alternative. I look forward to seeing you all at summer camp. Sorry George, missing Winter Fest again, we won't be coming to Florida this year. I am with you in spirit. Wishing you all the best in 2010, if you have as great a year as my 2009 was, your life will be full.
Bill B.
emattson

Re: Check in Time

Post by emattson »

52 years married to the same wife! Amazing accomplishment! According to the U.S. Census Bureau, less than 5 percent of all marriages last 50 years. This is harder than karate discipline where students practice the same Sanchin kata movement for months, and many drop out before going to the next level.
https://www.weber.edu/wsuimages/Academi ... 121807.pdf
Erik

“Old minds are like old horses; you must exercise them if you wish to keep them in working order.”
- John Adams

Return to “Special Needs”