Another Fight

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

Bill B.

Another Fight

Post by Bill B. »

Well I finally got back here recently intending on being more active when BOOM! Just found out my cancer is roaring again. The fight starts again and truthfully I'm not looking forward to it. The test are being sceduled in Boston to determine how far along it is this time. There are not too many treatments left I'm afraid, will learn more about that after the test. I'm not complaining, I have had 3 great years and now we are down to the late rounds. Will probably be pretty tied up for awhile so I may not get in here regularly. Hopefully someone will pick up the slack. I can only say that I will continue fighting as long as this old delapidated body can go another round. I hate it most for ruining my family"s Christmas again. If you have any extra prayers, save one for me. Hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas and terrific 2000. I wish you all the best and thank you for your support.
Bill
Lori

Another Fight

Post by Lori »

Bill-sensei:

You are already in my prayers - and I will step up the volume to include your family as well...

It's ridiculous for me to even try to write any words of inspiration - I can only repeat that you remain and ever will be an inspiration for me. Your lessons will live always in my heart and in the way that I teach my students.

I wish you and your family peace, and a healthy new year,
Lori
Van Canna

Another Fight

Post by Van Canna »

Bill,

Given the insidious nature of such an “enemy within” ….your “last performance” at the “chamber” was a profound inspiration I shall carry locked in my heart forever.

Yes, you did keep your promise to me and I shall ever be honored by it!

Your friendship, loyalty, gallantry, talent, and courage will always remain your eternal grounds of distinction, come what may.

It is your special personal qualities that move the world, and to those, I know, that the almighty God has already affixed his everlasting patent of nobility.

In teaching us how to rise every time we fall, passing through the “portals” of Uechi Ryu there has been no one finer than you, my friend!

You shall be in my prayers and in my thoughts as you take us by the hand in teaching our drifting forward into a splendid mystery.

Best and bravest heart,

------------------
Van Canna
Jackie Olsen

Another Fight

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Bill-san

What other say speaks for me as well. Thank you for opening your heart and sharing your spirit with us. Blessings to you and your family.

------------------
In Beauty,

Jackie
Allen M.

Another Fight

Post by Allen M. »

Having a hard time finding words. Good luck and come out of this one on top again.

------------------
Allen, now at his new website www.ury2k.com
Mary S

Another Fight

Post by Mary S »

Bill-san, although you and I have never met I feel honoured to be able to share the forums with you...you are a true warrior and your strength is an inspiration...you are very much in my thoughts. Mary S.

------------------
gmattson
Site Admin

Another Fight

Post by gmattson »

We are all pulling and praying for you Bill.

Love from your Uechi family. . .

George
student

Another Fight

Post by student »

Mr. Bauknecht:

I wished to pay my respects and add my prayers to those of others for your recovery, sir. One can tell a lot about someone by the caliber of the people who respect him. And after the last few days of witnessing total lack of respect on another's Forum, it is good to be reminded of all that DO implies, not just fighting (Not to minimize the effectiveness of the fighting - but it's not all there is). And you, and Pantazi Sensei, Canna Sensei, Glasheen Sensei, David-San, David Elkins-San, Lori-Chan, Shelly-Chan, et al. seem to epitomize that.

My best wishes to you at this season.

student
david

Another Fight

Post by david »

Bill,

Those around you have been enriched by the gift of you in their lives.

david
Evan Pantazi

Another Fight

Post by Evan Pantazi »

Please don't give up sir, I realize that it is easy to say from here, but I wish you the best! Merry Christmas Sir.

------------------
Evan Pantazi
users.erols.com/kyusho
Todd

Another Fight

Post by Todd »

Bill I am sorry to hear of your battle. Even though I do not know you my prayers are for you as well.

This may sound strange but please call phytopharmica at 1-800-553-2370 and ask for (or for information about) something called "cellular forte(IP-6)" I think it is something that might help. It is a natural B vitamin derivative.

Articles about its effectiveness on cancer have appeared in Life Sciences, Journal of Nutrition, Carcinogenesis, Nutrition and Cancer and others. It has demonstrated some effectiveness on : Brain cancer, lung cancer, breast, prostate, myeloid leukemia, skeletal sarcoma, colon, liver, skin and others. It has shown effectiveness even on "late stage and malignant, metastatic cancers"

IP-6 (inositol hexaphosphate ) appears to work by inhibiting PI-3 kinase. PI-3 (phosphatidyl inositol 3) kinase activates a "signal transduction pathway" essential for cancer progress. IP-6 has a structure very similar to a potent inhibitor of PI-3. IP-6 stops cancer cells from growing uncontrollably and normalizes tissue growth. As the researchers put it "IP-6 redirects cancerous cells back to normal growth".

At the University of Minnesota they have also demonstrated that IP-6 also stimulates human natural killer cell activity, thereby enhancing the immune response.

It is a B vitamin derivative and a month supply will cost you perhaps $75. I have personally recently seen someone with transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder that was rsistant to chemo and that came back after surgery, return to completely normal bladder cells after 4 months of IP-6.
David Elkins

Another Fight

Post by David Elkins »

Dear Bill,

I don't know you my brother, but your post and those of my friends tell me that you are experiencing the place where the will supplants the body in our practice.

With heartiest wishes for strength and health.

David
Bill B.

Another Fight

Post by Bill B. »

Hello all. After talking with George he suggested I bring you all up to date, so here I am. First of all a monster thank you to all, for your kind words and your support. For you to take up your time during this busy holiday season, well, I won't try to put it into words how I feel. I have some good news and some bad. I have gone through many test, been to Boston. One important test, the bone marrow biopsy has come back negative. This means that at this point, the cancer in not showing in my marrow as before. They have found three tumors, one, the largest is 3cm by 2 cm in my right chest, one a bit smaller in my right rib area and another about the same size in the thorax area. These are malignant myeloma tumors. I will be back in Boston Monday and then will hear the results of the other test, important blood test that show how active the tumors are and the bone scans. We will then figure out the plan of attack. These tumors are the same as the 15cm one that was in my pelvic bone originally. I will be back here as soon as I know the scoop. Thank you again, if I did not have opportunity to wish you all a Happy Happy New Year, here it is now, to you all and your families, from my house to yours. God Bless!!
Bill
Allen M.

Another Fight

Post by Allen M. »

We like the good news, Bill.

------------------
Allen, now at his new website www.ury2k.com/pulse/index.htm

Return to “Special Needs”