Where is everyone??

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

Bill Bauknecht

Where is everyone??

Post by Bill Bauknecht »

Well I sure haven't been here, but what happened to everybody?? Lori, how are you doing?? My update is simple. Found out I could still have some radiation, we are starting that tomorrow. After 2 and 1/2 weeks will see what they recommend. Fun time again. Anyone want to volunteer to take my place feel free.
Bill
Shelly King

Where is everyone??

Post by Shelly King »

Hi Bill
Good to hear from you. Everyone is out and about and checking in periodically. I'm sure by this time tomorrow you will have heard from everybody. As always, you are in my prayers.

Best thoughts
Shelly

Actually, I got some rather upsetting news the other day and thought about you, if you have time would you mind e-mailing me, I have a question I would like to ask you, if it's not to much of a problem. address is in my profile.
Wayne McKnight

Where is everyone??

Post by Wayne McKnight »

Hello from the Land of Enchantment Bill! Thought I'd chime in for roll call. It's good to see you posting. Hope the Rad. therapy does the trick. Be sure to wear your sunglasses! Image
I wish you well,
Wayne

[This message has been edited by Wayne McKnight (edited January 18, 2000).]
Lori

Where is everyone??

Post by Lori »

Bill-sensei,

Wonderful to see you back posting again! I've missed your words and wisdom!

I'm healing - slowly - but healing - thank you for asking! Doctor says that the only reason I am walking is a result of my training - other injuries of my type that she has treated are still bedridden or wheel-chair bound at this point of recovery - I am thankful my wheelchair stint was not that long!

It is still EXTREMEMLY frustrating not to be able to work out as I wish - but I am making do and working a lot of "mental" kata!

My dojo was treated to the ultimate honor of having Sensei Canna do a Florida version of the TC tonight - and I about went crazy wishing I could work on some of the concepts he was so adeptly pulling out of the participants - but I internalized as much as I could mentally in anticipation of the day I can start working on them full force.

So glad to hear that there are still treatments that you can have - good to know the proverbial fat lady isn't singing yet... you are still in my thoughts and prayers and remain my daily inspiration.

I've been travelling a bit and will be attending Winterfest this weekend even in my limited capacity - so I've not been around the forums that much - but I still check in and will be looking forward to reading more of your posts!

Godspeed and God bless,
Lori
Bill Bauknecht

Where is everyone??

Post by Bill Bauknecht »

Hi Shelly,
Nice hearing from you. I was unable to get your E Mail address. It's probably my computer ignorance. Please E mail me at
billbauknecht@aol.com. Looking forward to hearing from you,,anytime.
Bill
Bill Bauknecht

Where is everyone??

Post by Bill Bauknecht »

Wayne thank you for reminding me about the sunglasses. It's been so long I forgot!! :-)
One good thing that comes out of this treatment, it saves me money. Last time we didn't have to buy a Christmas tree. My family just hung ornaments on me and I lit up GREEN. Hopefully, next Christmas, my lights will be even brighter, AND multicolor!
Bill
Bill Bauknecht

Where is everyone??

Post by Bill Bauknecht »

Hi Lori
So Glad to hear you are "adapting." I know the frustration you are going through but you are doing the right thing. Your healing "slowly" is good. You will reap the rewards down the road for sure.
Everyone should get the opportunity to do the TC thing with Van. Imagine my frustration knowing that I will never be able to participate again. The times spent in Brockton at Bob Bethany's dojo, with Van, Bobby and my teacher Art Rabesa are unforgetable for me. We even had the pleasure of talking with Bob Campbell one night when he called in his greetings from Hong Kong. Van is a wonderful teacher and I'm sure you took in how much HE enjoyed the teaching. Hang in there, give it the time needed and before long you will enjoy actually being in the TC. As soon as I am able, I plan to go with Art and visit Van and the TC, just for a hello. Best!
Bill
Allen M.

Where is everyone??

Post by Allen M. »

I'll relieve you for just one day, so enjoy your day off.

Did you change your phone # and/or email address, Bill?
Mary S

Where is everyone??

Post by Mary S »

Bill, just wanted to add my best wishes...I thought about you a great deal over the Christmas holidays and I'm happy to see you posting again...as always, I'm a great admirer of your strength.
Bill B.

Where is everyone??

Post by Bill B. »

Hi Allen,
No, nothing has changed, e mail is
billbauknecht@aol.com phone is
508-540-0059. How you doin buddy??
Bill
Bill B.

Where is everyone??

Post by Bill B. »

Mary thank you for your wishes and I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and have a fantastic New Year.
Bill

Return to “Special Needs”